1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to get Wood R4 working on your R4 SDHC

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by yoshi2889, Apr 16, 2010.

1. 94darklord

94darklord New Member

i got my sisters r4 III work with wood r4 and i cant get to save to work so can you fix it since i got it to work on it last summer but still no saves would work but i gave up

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Saving doesn't work for the pure reason that the firmware doesn't run correctly on your cart.

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I added that to the first post.

4. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Oh man, you shouldn't let your sister play with your wood. :-\

5. yoshi2889

LOL Yeah it can burn away when you play too much with it.

6. eckyjunior

eckyjunior Member

I'm pretty new to this and I've chucked my R4 box out so I'm not 100% what firmware I have or what R4 card.

It says R4 III (Revolution?? thought not 100% sure) and I'm using the latest YS Menu. I've tried using Wood, but it freezes on the loading screen.

Can anyone please help me? Would be much appreciated.

7. yoshi2889

R4 III isn't supported.

8. Ryloth

Ryloth New Member

I have an R4 SDHC with:

R4 V.1.18 English
    Wood V.1.09 English

The whole thing is like 12,5 mb and it works perfectly (yes, saves too), i dont even need any sort of .nds to start it, I just needed to add the _rpg and DS_MENU_DAT to the original 1.18 version kernel on the 2GB Card....

So if anybody still has an old R4 SDHC, and all other methods havent worked, you may try this one. It is a very good alternative, since the newest kernel on the original r4sdhc.com does not work with older cards and shows an endless loading screen. The Wood version plays almost all possible games, except for most starwars games and some other games like super scribblenauts...

9. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

In other words you dont have a SDHC,
    good job bumbing an old topid also!

10. yoshi2889

Wood R4 won't save on an R4 SDHC, and if you replace the _DS_MENU.dat it will give errors. So you don't have an R4 SDHC.

Good job replying in an old topic.

11. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

it works fine on mine
    here let me try givin u the files how can i do it?