1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to install the proper applications?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by JayDi72, Jul 3, 2016.

1. JayDi72

JayDi72 Member

[​IMG]
    I just bought a flashcart R4 SDHC Dual Core for my NDSi XL v1.4.5
    Whenever I try to download and install the software or firmware for it and extract it there, it either goes to loading screen or white screen.
    I'm worried that I might not be able to play using R4 again :(
    Please help

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The issue is with your NDSi XL v.1.45 blocking new cartridge firmware (kernel) installation; you need to pre-install the R4 on an older NDS handheld or an NDSi running older firmware i.e. v.1.4.3 (max) before it can run on your XL.

3. JayDi72

JayDi72 Member

W
    Is an NDS Lite okay?

4. JayDi72

JayDi72 Member

Can I ask on how to do it?

5. Prectorian

Yes.

Just follow what the flash cart's installation document/FAQ tells you to.

6. JayDi72

JayDi72 Member

Ah thank you
    Is there another alternative to that? Because my flash cart did not come with an installation document or FAQ

7. Prectorian

There should be a READ ME.txt in the downloaded kernel/firmware archive from its website. Or check out the cart's official website for instructions. In actual, the packaging should have an instruction listed too. But in general it more or less boils down to;
    1. make sure your console is fully charged before starting
    2. add extracted kernel files to SD Micro & run/follow on screen instruction

8. JayDi72

JayDi72 Member

Is it the moonshell or rpg?

9. Prectorian

Moonshell is not the flash cart's kernel/firmware. It's a homebrew used to play .mp3 files, read .txt files, etc. And what is rpg? Role-Playing Game?
    The flash cartridge will have an installation manual provided by it. Just send all the extracted file you acquired from the rar/zip package provided by flash cartridge website to the SD Micro and boot it up on your NDSL. It should probably end with .nds which must be run. Once installed, you'll have to leave it in the SD Micro anyway.

10. JayDi72

JayDi72 Member

Ah thank you :3 I'll try to do it as you say

:)