1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to save game in EPSXE emulator?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by stemumemu, Jul 10, 2018.

1. stemumemu

stemumemu New Member

So i downloaded the epsxe emulator a while ago but only started using it this week with Crash Team Racing,

My problem is every time i finish up playing, i save in game and then i press F1 to save it in the save slot
    and exit the game using ESC, and when it closes the epsxe tab comes up and when i go to Run > Save Slots
    Everything is highlighted and when i click on the save slot i go back to where i last was at my game. So it works perfectly except for when i go File > Exit and try load back up the emulator, because none of the save slots or load slots are highlighted when i load up the emulator after closing it

I see people saying that you should use a memory card save, but how do i do that?
    Basically what i need to know is how to save my game without it not showing up as a load or save slot when i quit and load back up epsxe

Hope that makes sense, im pretty desperate for help on this one

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

go to settings -> memory cards and make sure at least memcard slot 1 has a valid path and filename set (file doesn't have to exist, but the name must be valid). save the settings and then use the in game save function.

3. azianjohn

azianjohn New Member

Hi, this is the latest thread I can find on this topic and I need help as well. I run Windows 10 64bit and I've been itching to play Suikoden 2 again. I'm using 1.7 epsxe and was able to load suikoden 2 just fine. I even imported a suikoden 1 save file to upload for new game using Memcardrex, but when I went to save for the first time and come back my saves are never there. I have double checked that my file pathway exists. I use epsxe000.mcr for slot one and epsxe001 for slot two. To top it off, my save state F1 function doesn't work. I can hit esc and then save state to slot 1, but nothing is there. I've even tried using the latest epsxe emulator, but that won't even load the game. It just kicks me to a really low resolution and epsxe is closed. I don't know what else to try and I would still love to play my game. Please help!!!!