1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to update fake r4 card..

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mr_abangbaby, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_abangbaby

mr_abangbaby Member

hi,
    i just bought n-dsi. and also r4i card which is i think the fake one. The box display r4i gold.
    the card shows r4i sdhc, revolution for DS (ndsi/ndsl/nds). in the system menu, it just display r4 without i.

after surfing internet for several days, i think my r4 card is fake. some webs state that fake r4 cant be update. in my system, it shows my r4 version is v1.33..

so,how can i know the right firmware for my r4? is the fake one can be update?

i can play some games on it. and sometime, i cant play those games. when i run those games,white screen of death, hang, data corrupted,blah..blah..blah..appeared on my screen..i'm sick of it..

i hope some experts will help or guide me..any ideas guys?

oh yeah,what is the best flash cart to use? flash update that can be update etc..

2. azlanshah

azlanshah Well-Known Member

FIRST WHICH COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM?but fake also can be update Xd :D

3. nickydsi

nickydsi Active Member

on the box your card came in it should have a website address, go to that web site and download the latest firmware

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ here is a list of the latest firmwares

4. mr_abangbaby

mr_abangbaby Member

i'm from Malaysia..south east asia..

almost pages state that fake cards cant be update..

on the box it gave www.r4-pro.com.. i thinks it is different with my card..

hmm..i'm sick with this..how to know the new firmware compatible with my card...

anyway,thanks for ur replies..

5. c1trus

c1trus New Member

Actually, I have an r4-III; its also a fake. You said your r4 is a r4-I GOLD right?
    I'll give you an example. Because I have an r4III, I go here; http://www.r4iii.com/ (DONT GO HERE its just for r4 III haha)

But if you have an r4-I GOLD, then you probably go here; http://www.r4ds-r4i.com/pages/R4i-Gold-Kernel-Download.html
    Scroll down a bit and you'll see different languages of r4s. Chose the english one. Download one of these, extract them, and drag and drop these extracted items into your SD card. You SHOULD be free to go and download games, but if anything doesn't work, reply okay? :D

6. azlanshah

azlanshah Well-Known Member

mr abang lol i also bought r4 ORIGINAL from Malaysia cause i live in singapore :D..fake are clone Xd seee them lol

7. mr_abangbaby

mr_abangbaby Member

done..i just go to www.r4-pro.com..everything work fine rite now...hehehe..thanks mate..but i wonder,if i can use the other firmware than that page...
    Post Merge: [time]1264559259[/time]
    u know,ori r4i cant use sdhc...lan,where u get the ori r4i card?wanna buy 2 la...but i wonder why u types "bought r4 ORIGINAL"..hahaha...

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

original R4 can't. not R4i.

9. johnsteveen

johnsteveen New Member

Hey, wat do you mean by, "original R4 can't. not R4i"!! I have three R4i cards, one of them always keep my
    brother and remaining are mine.Still, we didn't have to face single problem with R4 card. Is there available duplicate R4 card

10. maryds123

maryds123 Member

look at the web adress on your actual card not the one on the box. go to that web address for the correct firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.