1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I can't save on my ePSXe emulator...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SHADawn, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHADawn

SHADawn New Member

Okay, I'm still learning how to use the ePSXe emulator. I was finally able to get all the bios and stuff, and I got some ROM's to play, but whenever I save the game and come back to play again, my data isn't there. I was reading some forums on the internet, and it says that there's something wrong with the memcards folders, but I didn't quite understand what the people there were saying.

I'm sorry I can't be any more clearer, but can somebody tell me something?
    Post Merge: [time]1256987248[/time]
    By the way, I'm new here, despite the fact that I registered way back in May. I'm still learing the things here, and I hope I can meet some new friends.

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Try using a program called ePSXecutor, this program customized a new ePSXe but you can also create a nem memcard files. Perhaps the problem will be gone if you change the memcard files.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The program should generate some mrc file to save the games with-check the memory cards folder...

If none there-it shouldn't be.

If so-prehaps you forgot to save prehaps...

(check spam thread if you want some new friends :) )

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

One thing you need to check is the configuration of your memory card files.
    This problem has happened before to two users here on the forums.

ePSXe does not update the memory card files until the program closes. So while you run ePSXe, and save to the memory card, everything appears to work correctly. But then you close ePSXe and it goes to store the memory card changes, and it cannot find the memory card directory. So it cannot save anything, and the next time you play there is nothing stored on the card.

Now, this error happens if the directory you are saving to does not exist. Say you set the memory card configuration to C:\MemoryCards\MemoryCard1.mcr
    If you do not have a folder called MemoryCards on the C:\ drive, then your ePSXe will not save correctly, but it will appear to when you are actually playing (since it stores everything until the very end, then updates the memory card file).

Check your memory card configuration, and make sure you are closing ePSXe correctly. To close ePSXe correctly, press ESC to return to the ePSXe GUI, and then close the program from there. Closing the game window directly (without using ESC) will cause ePSXe to continue to run in the background.

Here are a few threads on this issue:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=14364.0
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=11500.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.