1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I mod Game Boys and fight people.

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by TheJorsh, Oct 26, 2015.

1. TheJorsh

TheJorsh Member

(apologies if this thread is in the wrong section, I looked around and couldn't quite tell where the best place to put it would be.)
    Hey guys, I still have my old handle TheJorsh on these forums, but I'm more commonly known elsewhere for making music, modding game systems, and fighting people under the name Josh-Shmosh.
    I run a small business custom-modding game systems and circuit-bending stuff for people. Like 80% of what I do is commissioned and the most popular/most often requested system is the original Game Boy, so here are some of them.

Starting off with this one, a commissioned system for the band Curious Quail.
    [​IMG]
    Inspired by the hit Gaijin Games (now Choice Provisions) series, the BIT.TRIP BOY:
    [​IMG]

CandyCaneBoy? CandyCaneBoy.
    [​IMG]

This one's actually kind of funny. I recreated a super-rare limited edition Game Boy that was given away on a UK game show in the 80s and had one of my friends pass it off as the real thing on NintendoAge last April 1st. Even after revealing it to be a fake I was offered a decent amount of money for it, but it got lost during Greyhound transit last Christmas (along with 90% of my personal belongings, money, and presents for family. It SUCKED.)
    [​IMG]

This is one of my personal favorites. Backlight, transparent shell with case LEDs, PCB-mount prosound, and a variable clock which you can see in action here.
    [​IMG]

This one reached just over $7000 on eBay but got taken down 12 hours before the auction ended and I was perma-banned.
    Full story here. Maybe I'll post the rest of the photos of this one later. We had a lot of fun with it.
    [​IMG]

And last, here's one I'm particularly proud of at the moment, the Splatoon-themed Nintendo SquidKid.
    I'm doing a limited run of 25 of these, each with a unique paintjob, new screen cover, backlit, and packed inside custom-designed paint can packaging along with a squid carrying pouch and a couple other goodies.
    *cough*youcanbuyonehereifyouwant*cough*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's all for now, but I'll be posting more soon~
    Some newer systems, older consoles, and maybe even a few electronic children's toys.
    And I suppose it's worth mentioning that if anyone here would be interested in ordering any custom commission stuff, feel free to shoot me a PM here on the forums, or email me at [email protected].
    More stuff coming tomorrow-ish!

Dark Infernape likes this.
  2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

wow nice, I still have my gb classic. And it works.

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

I'm seeing the gameboys but where are the fights?

The gameboys are pretty cool though.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

This is super awesome. Congrats on doing sweet stuff with your life.

5. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Oeh, that looks pretty cool!

6. TheJorsh

TheJorsh Member

Thanks for the kind words, guys~
    Here's one I just finished recently for the chiptune artist Dream*Eater.
    [​IMG]

I have a couple more in the works that I'll have ready to post over the next couple of days, and I'm also just getting started on a Mega Man Legends-themed PS1..

7. oscar900

oscar900 New Member

The pepe gameboy is sick!