1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I'm an idiot rookie to modding roms and made the biggest first mistake.

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by DarkChaosKaxi, Dec 24, 2012.

1. DarkChaosKaxi

DarkChaosKaxi New Member

I didn't make a copy of the original rom before I started tweaking it. I basically destroyed the game itself and realized I hadn't backed it up. Is there any way I can get any help on this, or am I going to have to bite my bullet and just not make the mistake again? I looked around and saw that the files were taken down for legal reasons. Am I correct to assume that I'm short on my luck here? Heh...

Thanks to anyone who can give me any advice or aid on the matter.

-DarkChaosKaxi.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I can't help, but to agree with your self-confession.
    For starter......what's the game's name? What platform?
    But pretty much you have said it all, you're short of luck.
    We don't even know what you did wrong, nor do we have access to your files.
    We don't even know what game you are modding either.
    If it's damaged, then all you can do is copy the known good ones to a fresh copy.
    That is if it's still accessable. Else, you'll have to start from scratch.

3. DarkChaosKaxi

DarkChaosKaxi New Member

It was Black 2 for the NDS. I was using it over Desmume and "accidentally" bugged it. When I tried to adjust my changes, the file became corrupted. x.x

So, yeah, I went to go about getting a "replacement" rom to work with, but I haven't been having much success, haha. I guess there's not much help I can really get with this unless you have a rom on you at the moment. XD

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Try this download link : http://www.ziddu.com/download/20681675/Pokemon_Black_2_U.rar.html
    By the way, I didn't upload that rom. It's from the share section, courtesy of another member.
    As for the rest of the issue, you're the only one who can help yourself since we don't even know what
    modding you're doing. If you still can access the .Narc etc. from the corrupted rom, then at least you could
    partial save your work.