1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I'm looking for Windows XP's Set of Sounds in .wav Format

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I know Windows 10 is just a few days away from launching, but this compilation video I saw on Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxKAQq85ueg

... just made me get nostalgic for XP's sounds yet again, and let's be honest XP's startup and shutdown sounds were THE BEST out of the lot :D

Now as I said I know it's late in the game but is there a way for me to get XP's sounds onto Win 7? Also I don't intend to upgrade to Windows 10 just yet seeing as Windows 7 works just fine for me at the moment.

I did see this guide...

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/change-windows-sounds/

... but it said I needed to use a third party app to do so. I don't mind using an additional app to accomplish what I wanted to do, but where can I download Win XP's sounds in .wav format?

2. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

After a 10 seconds search on google, Here you go Bae:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2jctmtj2mwq/Windows+Classic+and+XP+Sounds.zip

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Try Windows 10 a disappointing 0 start up and shutdown sound/media also recycle bin , anyone know how to add them and to reg edit ?

4. CoolKill3r

Windows 10 recycling bin having no sound could very well be there the moment the official build gets released.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Thanks ;)

6. Jhon 591

Yes i believe final release maybe 29th this month :)

But it was OK once updated win10 from windows 7's , 10240 final iso , that fixed the sound with bin .

7. CoolKill3r

Too bad windows 10 now seems to have major problems wit Nvidia gpu's
    BUT HEY, atleased the bin sound got fixed right?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

windows 10 has sufficient other problems to make upgrading a bad idea.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I can't wait for your thorough review of Win 10 loony, once its out of course, just like you did when Win 7 came out :D

10. Loonylion

I already tried the technical preview, I'm not interested in it at all. Way too much enforced online integration, massive privacy violations, horrible UI and it appears I'm being proven right about them planning to turn it into a subscription service eventually (It's already been confirmed that the pro/enterprise version will be subscription based).

Oh and it shares your wifi key without consent.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Da f*ck~!?

Well if I find out it can't run SIMCity 4, The SIMs 2 and 3 and a few of the emulators I use then I'll happily stick with Win 7.

12. Loonylion

its a feature called 'wifi sense' thats enabled by default. Whenever someone connects to your network using the key, it's shared among all their friends in their contacts list. So basically people you don't even know can access your wifi simply because you have a mutual friend whom you have permitted to connect.

13. Jhon 591

Could be many, found one shutdown and restart on clear history in chrome .

I mention if you update from windows 7's to 10's , that fixes some sounds like bin est .

14. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

My current computer spec and available memory isn't up for it even if I want to try. Not even sure if I'm suppose to be envious/jealous, but I'm more than content with good old familiar Win7; at least for now I guess (until I have money to buy new pc :p).

15. Jhon 591

Lol xd , sorry 4 u , I got my newer but pre-owned PC for as cheep £30 in uk money , now upgraded to 4GB RAM , Nvdia geforce 210 .

[​IMG]

Best of luck ;) getting what you need .

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

PC Gamer talks about that "feature" loony was worried about:

http://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-wifi-sense-password/

RFE: Addendum:

Windows finally completed the download and has now prompted me to upgrade, which I obviously will hold out on until maybe around June of next year... or perhaps never at all if it turns out the OS flops.

[​IMG]