1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I'm not trying to troll.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ticktock_, Apr 24, 2016.

1. ticktock_

ticktock_ Member

I'm not trying to troll but I have a question, does any romulation files or romulation the site itself contain viruses of any kind??

If not could you provide some evidence.

Again not trying to break forum rules at all nor am I trying to troll but I am curious if your files contain viruses or not.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

What makes you feel the need to enquire about this in the first place?
    Did you experience something that leads you to think RomU is the cause?
    Can you support your notion?

3. ticktock_

ticktock_ Member

To be honest its more along of the lines of could romulation.net be too good to be true or is it one of the rare things in life with no back lash and punishment. Because i love this place, it's litterally my 2nd home and would like to know if its safe?

4. Prectorian

I've been here for a long time, it has been so far a safe experience. That much I can say.
    But as with any online activity on any sites, a virus attack can't be 100% ruled out from infiltrating.
    Just exercise caution when surfing on the internet.

5. ticktock_

ticktock_ Member

Thanks for the advice but is romulation safe though?

6. Prectorian

Safe from virus? I've never experience one coming from here. But if you choose to download/click anything that are from external sources, which links might be posted around here, and let's say caught a virus upon entering that link. The problem isn't caused by this site, rather from the external link you had clicked, and it doesn't effect this site. Any website hosted on the internet are always prone to a virus attack, and any computer or electronic devices connected to the internet are always prone to an infection. You can never know when someone might decide to attack a website or infect a device. All you can do is try protect your assets by using firewall & antivirus, not click on shady links, etc. even that too doesn't guarantee 100% fool proof.

jr42094 likes this.
  7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there are no viruses or malware in our files. Nevertheless it is always recommended to run an up to date and reputable antivirus (i.e nothing made symantec, including norton and mcafee), and to scan every file you download before opening/running it (Most browsers should be able to do this automatically, but may need configuring to do so).

None of our files are executables so it would be very difficult for them to do anything malicious

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

9. Prectorian