1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Impossible to move the game folder (Catherine)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Zeraflut, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Zeraflut

Zeraflut New Member

Hello,

I'm not sure that I should mention this issue here, but after extracting the rom of the game Catherine (PS3) downloaded in your website, I tried to move it to another location and then, a message shows up: the [game] folder is already used by another program.

A PC reboot didn't solve the issue. The game folder is removable though. I tried to use a software as Unlocker to see what could block it, but nothing is found.

Am I the only one having the issue? Could it be that the rom is infected by a virus? Or do you have another reason?

Thanks in advance

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it's not a virus, something is locking the file or at least the computer thinks something is. Try copying the file to the new location then delete the original one after the fact. The lock could be anything from antivirus scanning to windows search indexer.

3. Zeraflut

Zeraflut New Member

First, thank you for your quick answer^^

It works doing that way, but it's still strange...
    I can copy/paste, send it to the recycle bin, delete it, but I can't cut/paste or move it. And the strangest thing is when I tried to restore it from the recycle bin: the same message as before showed up forbidding me to proceed whereas the deletion didn't cause any problem from there.

Do you have an idea about the reason?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

nothing other than the fact its such a large file that background file operations may be taking a noticeable amount of time to complete.

5. Zeraflut

Zeraflut New Member

Well then, thank you for your response^^