1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars any good?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by FluffyFaux, Mar 4, 2015.

1. FluffyFaux

FluffyFaux Member

So I'm a major Digimon fan, and I have played almost every every gba or nds Digimon game besides this one, so is Xros Wars any good compared to previous Digimon games like Digimon World: Dawn and Dusk? I'm hesitant to just blindly try it because I typically loath any of the new Digimon anime (past s4 or so) and if this is just a retelling of the story then I don't see a reason to try it (not that Dawn and Dusk's story was good or anything).

Thanks for any advice!

2. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

it should play like them, but it is japanese. kinda hard to play if you cant understand the text. Best to wait for fan translation. i know a few digimon games are currently being worked on, so there is a chance afterwards.

3. FluffyFaux

FluffyFaux Member

I decided to give it a shot and after roughly 2 hours of tutorial it gets playable. It seems to be about the same as previous Digimon Story games, but the evolution system seems different (at least so far). Even if its in Japanese, you can still navigate menus through guess work easily enough. You get passed the first area by accepting the quest and talking to everyone in town, and exploring everywhere. After that the game opens up when you get to the second area and you can finally get rid of your garbage tier starting party. I'll post an update if anything changes, I'm not sure how figuring out what the moves do is going to work long-term.

4. Zack1995

Zack1995 Member

here a walktrough,http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=54061.msg1258020#msg1258020

5. FluffyFaux

FluffyFaux Member

Yeah, I saw that earlier, not that I needed or used it. I could have went into detail and said exactly what you need to do for the first quest, but that defeats the point I was trying to make: That you really shouldn't be intimidated just because it isn't translated. The game even tells you where your current quest is on the map, and if you've played previous Digimon games its not hard to figure out most of the game's mechanics. I was just worried that it would just be a cash in since its based on Xros, so far the only Xros related content I've even seen is your four starting "Digimon" and the protagonist (theres a fusion mechanic but the isn't unique to Xros anyways).

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You are persistent. I didn't touch this game because I don't understand the dialogs. Can't be bothered playing it blindly.

Well, that was like 3 years ago I think when they started and never did saw the end to it. I won't put much hope into it.

7. FluffyFaux

FluffyFaux Member

I don't really play Digimon games for the dialogue anyways. Or any monster catching game for that matter.

8. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

But that is what makes rpg games GOOD....that or the tedious task of catching them all.