1. This forum is in read-only mode.

is there any flash card that runs 3DS roms ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by alypkm, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

...Yes they do. Not many, but they are doing demos.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

First off, the ROMs we get at sites like RomUlation are not official distributions by game companies. These were dumped, extracted from a cartridge by people who have the knowledge of how it is done.

Second, sites like RomU only host them & as loony & seph has specifically mentioned, they done condone piracy & are hoping that if we enjoy the games we download from here that it will inspire us to actually buy a copy of the game.

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Ok. Nintendo should make a flashcard. It would save people from actually carrying around all these games. And its Nintendo approved.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If I remember correctly seph once had a brilliant suggestion that Nintendo & other game developers should just have their games available via steam.

As for myself, I just wish game companies should just let games for the older stuff become abandonware & made free for the public, I mean would you more sophisticated gamers be interested in the atrocious Atari 2600 E.T. Game or LJN's shovelware Movie franchise games for the NES back in the day like Back to the future?

And even with more popular games like the original Final Fantasy 6, if you watch Youtube videos of it you'll most likely find a comment saying.... "plz make a remake of this for 3DS with better grafix". Current gen gamers would care less of the classics with 16, 8 or even 4-bit graphics.

Game companies like Nintendo & the members of the ESA just do not want to let go of games that are 20 to 30 years old because they know they can still milk money from the parents of today's kid gamers who enjoy these old titles.

EDIT: Addendum:

Also back in the era of the NES & theFamicom Disk System in Japan, Nintendo did "authorize" game distribution by data disks. And in the era of the SNES (also in Japan) they did have "blank" cartridges you can load with a game at authorized Nintendo games loading stations.

5. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Downloadable Contents are failures

When sony made the psp go "downloadable only"
    Many users hated it plus PSN on psp didnt have all the classic games like prince of persia warrior with
    So if you wanted the classic games go for the psp's That can use umds
    And So thats why we "hacked" the psp go , Now we can play all games for psp!

Sorry for my offtopic discussion but Just saying downloadable content is a complete Failiure

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no it isnt. look at steam.

7. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

And I lock this because we are going off topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.