1. This forum is in read-only mode.

It is my dump!

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Jonez001, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Let's keep this rant very short.

At many update logs of RetroGameFan I see games that only he got and sometimes never get published. Why is that? Because the world of piracy isn't nice to those people or they afraid that they will be found?

Well, if they upload it and give it to someone like a moderator on a forum or a rom site admin then he will be charged for uploading it and not the original dumper. I hate it when a fun game is fixed in the XXXX section of RGF his updates list and the rom is nowhere to be found.

So people who dump a game, please spread it so that everybody can enjoy it because RGF sure get requests for some of those games. You can spread it by eg pm'ing it to some active rom poster in this forum or to a universal (hint hint) rom site as an exclusive. You can get credit under a nickname or you can stay nameless.

Really why won't you publish? Too much selfpride or too afraid...

- sigh, sometimes it is hopeless no? -

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

People who dump roms want nothing to do with romsites.

3. Jonez001

Deleting your browser history and ask to change some server logs and done

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

aside from the fact you cant just change server logs, and no reputable admin would ever do so, you are missing the point. people who dump roms dislike romsites. They will not associate with anyone who runs or uses them, and they will not visit them.

5. Jonez001

Yeah, but it is still weird RetroGameFan gets them

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

maybe because he fixes them, i dont know, i know elixirdream gets games in advance aswell. but yeah, rgf used to be admin in another rom site and still got roms, so i dont know how it works

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

If I was dumping games and posting it in the forum and see a ton of whining about how x isn't working with y then I'd avoid forums like the fucking plague.