1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking for a game about change in cashier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luthorcorp92, Feb 24, 2013.

1. luthorcorp92

luthorcorp92 Well-Known Member

I want a game that someone pays 5.50 and then the price is 2.50 and then you have to give change. Preferable if it australian so i have the right currency. Anyone know of anything.

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Um...get a job at a grocery store?

If there is such a game, it'd be designed for 6-year olds...

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If you're looking for such game on the NDS, there's none like that I think. Don't think there's any for the PSP either. For those 2 handhelds, the closest you could get to such game is playing simulator games, such as Toy Store Tycoon and Fish Tycoon. But that don't make you as the cashier.

If you have an ipad/iphone, you could buy a game called Toca Store at a cost of USD1.99, but to play that, requires 2 person (1 as buyer, the other as cashier). And yes....it's toddler's game for the apple device, an electronic version for kids to play 'seller-buyer' without actual stuff to cause an aftermath mess.

If you want to play solo, there are 2 games on flash player online based (play on computer); Nickelodeon Krusty Cashier and Making Change (Math Game). Which by the way, is the closest you can get to the kind of game you want to play as you are the cashier, except it's not in AUD.

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Sushi-Go-Round

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Monopoly?

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

7. Prectorian

You guys do realize that Monopoly isn't about being a cashier?
    I don't think he want to play 'banker'...... he want to play "imagine cashier";

[​IMG]

The closest game of that nature is Nickelodeon's SpongeBob Squarepants Krusty Cashier and Making Change. Both are online flash games. The down side is that both games don't use AUD. He could also buy the above product in the image from Kids Central Toy Store in Australia, and stock up the cash register with assorted AUD.

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

:D
    How old is this kid?

9. Prectorian

No idea. I would have suggested buying this:

[​IMG]

But it's very expensive to be use for playing, not to mention complicated to operate.
    That pink cash register toy is actually an oversized calculator.

I found a game (also online) which uses AUD currency. However it don't looks like using a cash register game but it is within that line.
    http://www.funbrain.com/cgi-bin/cr.cgi?A1=s&A14=medium&country%5Baus%5D.x=70&country%5Baus%5D.y=29

Here's the link to SpongeBob's Krusty Cashier: http://spongebob.nick-asia.com/en/games/krusty_cashier.html
    Here's the link to Making Change: http://www.mathplayground.com/making_change.html

I'm sure you'd find the Krusty Cashier the most entertaining one. Have to count quickly, or else the Krusty customers become
    angry. Try it, I did....it's quite fun.

Was looking through the NDS database, found these : 4006 - Dreamer Series Shop Owner (U) and 3180 - Let's Play Shops (E). Maybe you might like it, as they could be the closest to what you hope to play. I haven't try playing them.

10. luthorcorp92

I was playing brain training and it had it but the currency was in american money. Is there a brain training Australian version.

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You can't exchange money in Brain training... unless it's a new version.

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=60266.msg1413291#msg1413291

12. luthorcorp92

I remember their was a cashier mini game in brain training. I am not sure which brain training though but it was in american money. I need Australian money.

13. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Active Member

It makes no difference. Both Australian an American currencies are decimal. Dollars and cents, 100 cents in a dollar. If you are wanting to familiarise yourself with Australian currency, any activity using a decimal currency system will do. Unless you are looking for a currency conversion program. They are widely available online.

14. Prectorian

Far as I know, both USD and AUD are using the same denomination for it's paper and coin currencies.
    Only difference is the exchange rate ratio.

15. luthorcorp92

Also difference is the different shapes and types of coins.

16. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Shapes? The notes are exactly the same besides for some cool colours on Australian cash.
    As for coins, America doesn't even use them. So they won't appear in the game(s) that prectorian listed above.

17. Prectorian

USA do use coins; 1 Cent (Penny), 5 Cent (Nickle), 10 Cent (Dime), 25 Cent (Quarter), 50 Cent (Half), 1 USD (Dollar).
    But the penny and nickel are removed from circulation due to inflation since Jan 2013.

I don't think there's any country in the world that don't use coins as it's smallest denomination.

Anyway, don't think there's any electronic game that specialize in monetary games using AUD as it's basis. Thus really why I recommend buying that cashier toy from Kids Central, and fill up the cashier drawers with real AUD currencies of all denomination. Or as Xenirina and Cahos recommended...Monopoly Board Game - Australia Edition. That's practically the only way to play using AUD. *I'm being serious....not joking*

18. luthorcorp92

There was a game in brain training which helped. But I can't find an Australian Rom for it. I used to have it when I purchased ds games but now I download ds game and for the ds games I purchased I traded them in for store credit.

19. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Where on Earth did you get this idea?

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I remember a Maths Game for the GBA that had coinage recognition as one of its mini games:

https://www.romulation.org/roms/GBA/2791-Math-Patrol-The-Kleptoid-Threat-%28U%29%28Sir-VG%29.rar/

But this game uses US Coinage.