1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HELP

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Spratkid, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Spratkid

Spratkid Member

Alright... So I have downloaded the file and attempted to open it with WinRar, but it gives me errors and says the file is corrupt, please assist me, I'm not a rookie to this but i am completely new to Romulation downloads ::)

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Are you using WinRar as your archive extractor?

If yes, is your version number version 5.0 or up?

If no, you're probably using 7zip or any other unzipper instead of WinRar 5.0+. If so go grab WinRar 5.0+ as that supports the RAR5 Algorithm which most of the newer uploads on this site uses.

If WinRar 5.0+ is not the issue here, perhaps you'll need to use a download manager like IDM or FlashGet to manage your downloads.

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

majority of corrupt file is due to the fact the file was NOT fully downloaded. First check the size of your file and compare to the download pages size. If it is smaller, you have to redownload. also some download managers and browsers have weird download system, and cause corruptions from that. So many things for it to succeed, only one fail to fail it all.

4. Spratkid

Spratkid Member

do you mean that the original file downloaded from the page should be the same size as it says (in this case it says the file should be 7.6 Gig), or does extraction somehow bring the file to this size? I apologize for my ignorance, as I said before, I am a rookie when it comes to this form of game downloads

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no the extracted file will be bigger, the size listed is the size of the compressed archive.

6. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

i meant the file that you downloaded, the compressed version. just make sure that size is equal to the size you find on the download info page.

7. Spratkid

Spratkid Member

Alright, so i haven't been receiving the whole file when i download. You guys suggest that I use IDM or FlashGet, is one superior to the other? and how exactly do these managers work?

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Here's a really old "How to setup" tutorial for "Flashget" here on RomU.

This thing's so old mind you that the OP's photo links no longer work, but you can still follow along kinda...

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=8884.msg89720#msg89720

"What do these Download Managers do?", you ask. Well the simplest explanation would be is they download anything off of the internet far better than if you'd just click on the download button from the download page you're viewing. They also allow "pausing and resuming" your download/s, say when the file you're downloading is too big and you need to stop and shutdown your computer for a while.

"What are the differences between IDM and Flashget and is one superior than the other?". IDM is a paid app, whereas FlashGet is freeware.

9. Spratkid

Spratkid Member

I got it working! thank you very much for all of your help!