1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Minecraft - Shinchanfan

Discussion in 'Review Submission' started by ShinChanfan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. ShinChanfan

ShinChanfan Well-Known Member

(This is my first review, so don't get too hissy please.)

Minecraft is a sandbox game based on what the name describes, mining and crafting. But there is so much more.

Overview.

Minecraft is a game for the computer and mac. You are dumped in a middle of a infinite, always new, generated world, with 100% nothing. The objective of the game is to survive, harvest and mine resources, craft a new pickaxe, find a home before night time, and you just might have a chance of survival
    At night time baddies come out to play. Spiders, zombies, skeletons. Even slime. There all out to find and kill you during night, along in caves. The game pulls something amazing, which has attracted some big company's to play.
    Gameplay
    As I stated, the game shoves you in nowhere. You have some choices on starting a house in the game. My personal favorite is to mine underground home. You can make a wooden house, or maybe get some dirt and make a floating island. It's all up to you. The games not just building though, in the game you need tools that after some use, die out. Making you need a new one. As you play you will find new resource. Iron, Diamond, Gold, and more. With many crafting combo's, tons of possibility for building. It never ends, but you can always start over in a new game! But the game does have flaws, many. You can fall out of the earth, rarely get stuck in a block and be unable to get out. The game has its majority of bugs. Most showing in SMP. Survival Multiplayer. But the game is in alpha, so don't expect too much.
    Graphics
    The game runs on a very blocky graphical system. May not look good, but hey! It fits the game perfectly. The game has a very nice day and night system, and sometimes you can get a nice view of a sunrise. The game has dynamic lighting, and some nice(in my opinion) shadows. Sometimes things can look awkward. Like 2 sheeps running into eachother makes them look combined.
    Verdict

Minecraft is a very fun game with its share of bugs, and multiplayer. A game that can keep you occupied for months, maybe even longer.
    Gameplay - 10
    Graphics - 7
    Final Verdict - 9.9. Excellent game.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

You need to put up screenshots of the in game action, so to speak & you need to further elaborate how you rated the game based on your own preferences.

Also your total score should be xx/50 as RomUlation's review scores uses that format.

To get a better feel as to how RomUlation's reviews should look like, try taking a look at Vincent Valentines' reviews as his are the best :)

3. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

That's debateable. In any case, 9NineBreaker9's reviews are amazing as well.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Or Hypr's.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well Vincent was one of the pioneers of RomUlation game reviews which is why his name sticks out easily. He would often be the winner of "Review of the Month" when Winterreise used to hold it.