1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mini-Rants Thread

Discussion in 'Rants' started by trimbletown, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

What the eff has Mark Zuckerberg been thinking of lately, or isn't he still actively participating with the goings on within Facebook? :p

So now you can report a Facebook user for NOTusing our "Real life" names~!? :p

Has he forgotten one of the first rules of the internetz, "to never give out your IRL identity on the web"~!?

And what's with people taking Social Media seriously?

I don't use my IRL name on Social Media, including Twitter and Youtube because I care for my privacy... also people on the web (well people who I interact with most of the time, like here on RomU anyway) know me more by my internet handle.

2. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

That was one of the first rules I learned about the Internet, followed by the netiquette.

Totally no idea. We should ask the youngsters about it.

I had to sign up at YouTube in order to comment on videos I liked. Otherwise I don't use Twitter. I left deviantART and the XNALara community last year because I thought things went too far in that community.

I feel the same, Cahos.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

In the case of my country, actually everyone is like that, thinking your Social Media profile is a one is to one representation of who you really are.

Some companies here even ask for your Social Media account, so they can check you out (yeah right! :p ) when you apply for a job 0_o

4. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

Hmm... In my country, companies like McDonald's usually use Social Media in order to send deals to its customers. So even if you aren't a Social Media "junkie", you need to get one in case you really want those (yummy) deals.

Although the companies in my country don't ask for your Social Media account, they actively search information about you.

Other than that, youngsters in my country do think that their social media profiles are their online representation of themselves. While I have the belief that you're the same person no matter if you're online or offline, I still care about my privacy.

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Nah.

I need another therapist, they're so expensive. How the fuck can like, something so vital for me not be covered by my work health insurance plans. Donate to my gofundme page it's gofundme.com/notahintofirony

6. Hygrave

Hygrave Active Member

Therapy is considered non life threatening in some health insurance communities.
    But just perhaps, you're quite well, and we are truly the ill ones.
    Your Gofundme page came up empty Ms. Nat. It's been awhile has it not?

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's mostly for referrals and better recommendations for medication. Which I guess is not life threatening but works as a de-stressing method so I don't cry in the morning everyday for a week.

You guys might of been considering my stupid stories gained way much traction but whatever, I'm more who I want to be so idgaf. (Jk I'm riddled with guilt about the friendships that are pretty much ruined). PM me since I have no idea who you are but I'm dying to find out

8. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

That sounds serious.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Ya. Almost 2 damn serious

10. 2DamCerius

LOL.

I figured as much. And why not try being a therapist yourself? It makes up for the loss.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I have a mortgage to pay for. Are you going to pay it for me?

12. 2DamCerius

How much is it? JK :D

Nah i got plans to invest realty soon enough. Besides i think property is the only thing worth it right now. Stocks are too pricey.

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

1400$ /month

Thanks

14. 2DamCerius

:rolleyes: Uh-huh like you'll let me live there in the woods where squirrels and wolverines play frisbee. LOL

$1400....now that i think about it, is pretty freaking cheap...

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It is and isn't. It's affordable, but working at 22/h makes it pretty darn tight. My gf is moving in and I have a roomate so they help ease the burden.

Also fuck school, not going back ever.

16. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

That depends if you are a freaking millionaire. However, I wouldn't call $1400 per month cheap, especially in this unbalanced economy. $1400 is a lot of money to some people.

You can say that again! As someone with two Masters (one in engineering, and one MBA), I'm totally done with school. Especially since my current job, which includes lots of required traveling, is taking up all my time.

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

All it takes for me to be fucked is not getting paid for one month. Savings is difficult to acquire once you put yourself into huge amounts of debt for something.

Atleast it pays well. I couldn't finish even one semester of my comp engineering program because of constant panic/anxiety attacks and suicidal ideation. Despite loving the schoolwork. Fuck you brain. At least I landed a job I can support myself with.

18. Sahel123

Sahel123 Guest

My sincere prayer: may God bring peace upon us.

19. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I once cosplayed as God for like 3 years, it was a blast.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

What the heck~?

Why was my Pokemon Clover inspired post deleted~?

If I get the "you're being insensitive to Religion" or trolling remark, then you guys really need to know more about what Pokemon Clover is... And yes, the ROM Hack WAS INTENDED to be Racist and/or insensitive as it was based on 4chan's kind of humor.

Code:
    Project Introduction:
    Pokemon Clover is an exciting new rom-hack project straight out of 4chan's /vp/ board! Led by me, known as Camerupt on the threads, Pokemon Clover is a project that aims to create a hack using 151(and eventually more) fakemon created by /vp/ users, some based in memes, and some designed simply to be cool. We pride ourselves on 4chan for having a fun, fast moving, and laid-back game project as opposed the the survey heavy and slow moving projects like Pokeaus and Pokemon Sage.

Do not make the mistake of discounting us because we are from 4chan! We are a very friendly and tight-knit development team that always do things in the best interest of our fun project! We would love all the help we can get, we promise we wont bite! In fact we have come to Pokecommunity to recruit more experienced hackers to help bolster our amateur development team!

Our game's main region called Fochun, is based on Southern California (and Kanto's model to an extent), featuring tropical coasts to the south, grasslands in the center, and mountains to the north.

That being said lets get on with the hack Introduction:

Game Introduction:
    Welcome to the Fochun region! A faraway region filled with strange new Pokemon! You are Viol (boy) or s4s-tan (girl), a ten year old setting out on from Veepier town on a journey to be the very best like no one ever was!

Along the way you will meet Prof.Stump (played by award winning actor Danny Devito!), the Fochun region's foremost authority on Pokemon research; Edgie, your mysterious and dark new rival; and you will fight against the strange new criminal syndicate TEAM KARMA, and come to find out their strange relation to the mighty legendary Pokemon Clovenix!

The Fochun region is one of strange origin, having been occupied by the Kantonian Japanese for a period, where they had begin to model the development of the new region after their homeland, however unfamiliarity with the wildlife (and getting BTFO by the region's protector Clovenix) sent them packing. In it's beginning, a deity created the region as a fun little project, slowly working on it and building it up, eventually the creator began to become attached to his new little region and made a powerful legendary called Clovenix to protect and watch over it by giving it the power to alter destiny.

thousands of years later the criminal organization Team Karma seeks to use Clovenix's fortune altering powers to their advantage, but first they must build themselves up. Team Karma must be stopped before they become powerful enough to execute their plan!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Clover makes use of Mr.Dollsteak's Attack and Decap rombase, featuring the physical/special split, New moves, and the Fairy type!
    (Game also contains some swearing so do not play around the kiddies! Most of it comes out of Prof. Stump though.)
    Source ---> https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=343829

And here's the game's full Fakemon Dex list which might I add do have several inappropriate/insensitively design mons for you to collect. And they were designed so for parodying purposes.

http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_National_Pokédex_number

Here are my personal favorites TBH:

[​IMG]
    Vandash the Stereotypical "Black Guy" Pokemon -> http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/Vandash

[​IMG]
    Juarecito the Stereotypical Sleepy Mexican Pokemon -> http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/Juarecito

[​IMG]
    Sprucifix The Christian Savior Pokemon-> http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/Sprucifix

[​IMG]
    Iguallah The Muslim as a Terrorist Pokemon-> http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/Iguallah

[​IMG]
    Furnazi The Nazi Pokemon -> http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/Furnazi

[​IMG]
    Chantruth The Stereotypical Jew Pokemon -> http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/Chantruth

[​IMG]
    Kuklan The White Supremist Pokemon -> http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/Kuklan

[​IMG]
    Geigh The LGBTQ Pokemon -> http://pgenvp.wikia.com/wiki/Geigh

And there are a lot more that require a 4chan mindset to appreciate.

So when I made that post that was deleted, I wasn't specifically attacking anyone :p