1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Mobile] Pokemon Go for Android and iOS NEWS

Discussion in 'General News' started by Prectorian, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Update:

v.0.57.4 is out since Mar 3rd.

Dark Infernape likes this.
  2. Prectorian

Update:

There's no way I can possibly get it. Since I never go out 7 days in a row. :(

In any case, for those of you whom are keen on getting the evo items to evolve your pokemon to its 2nd or 3rd or final form, you'll need to spin the PokeStops for 7 days in a row. I read somewhere that even if you visit PokeStops for 7 days in a row, it's not guaranteed you'll get an evo item at the 7th spin. There's rumors saying that evo item can be found at a PokeStop with fewer chances of spawning around it. Other rumor mentioned needing to spin the same PokeStop for 7 consecutive days, not just at random locations. Then again, it's all rumors, who knows what is true.... And those evo items only work on selected pokemon, not all presently available (which is a fact).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  3. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

4. Prectorian

Yup, here's the official statement;

Oddly, my region is falling behind in receiving update to v.0.59.1 !!!!!

5. Prectorian

Finally received the update, and got a MagiCarp hat to wear. Wonder if it's forever ours or only usable for a short period before removed.

6. Prectorian

Update:

7. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

did you guys get this magikarp ?
    is this the first shiny pokemon in pgo ?

8. Prectorian

It is. Found 3 carps since the announcements, but none are that. As mentioned, it's extremely rare.
    I couldn't acquire the party hat pikachu either.

9. Novaside

Novaside New Member

awesome;)

10. Prectorian

Update:

11. Prectorian

Update:

12. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Is all this still beta level testing, because I personally see this as a waste of space when i can play the game itself?

13. Prectorian

Just drop in to follow up my previous conversation with @Dark Infernape (reply no. #122 & #123) in Feb 2017 regarding a new Pokemon Game. It's officially released, at least so in Japan and for my region;
    http://www.apppokemon.com/koiking/
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.pokemon.koiking
    https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/pokémon-magikarp-jump/id1162679453?l=ja&ls=1&mt=8

No, it's way past BETA. But no, it's not the conventional Pokemon game you are already familiar with. This involves a significant amount of actual walking/travelling.

2DamCerius and Dark Infernape like this.
  14. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Lol surprised that they actually made this! I worry about the future of gaming, every company is going after f2p micro transaction mobile games these days, Not saying they are bad but, its a really uncertain future ahead for gaming. Could go either way.

15. Prectorian

Gave it a try as of last night since stumbling on the release. I can tell you, the app is generous in term of its f2p (at least so for the feeding), sort of like tamagochi (feed, train, decorate, compete) - bloody damn boring! Since essentially you're doing jumping competition and doing repetitive feeding and training. :rolleyes:o_O As for f2p itself, well ... that depends on their approach to winning over the users/players/customers to actually fork out money. Games like e.g. 'Chain Dungeons' and 'One Piece Treasure Cruise' are f2p apps which I find acceptable so far, not forcing players to spend a dime if they don't want to.

16. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

17. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

18. Prectorian

LOL, that's freaking interesting of them to do that to a game which little kids would be playing, only to then cry and sob, while their parents caught off guard would be cursing. :p:p:p:p:D

19. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Ok, just checking thanks Prectorian.

20. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.