1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Mobile] Pokemon Go for Android and iOS NEWS

Discussion in 'General News' started by Prectorian, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I've the apk file if you're interested; Here. I've test install on my phone and it's real. Although, you'll need to register first to be eligible as beta tester to actually get in. How? No idea, since I didn't register, maybe through http://www.pokeland.jp/

Oddly enough, there exist a game called 'Pokeland Legends', a fan made open world android game; https://www.facebook.com/pokemondsland/. If interested, click on the 'Play Game' button provided inside the link to download the app installer for android. It's F2P as far as I have noticed. But I've not tried, so no idea.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. Prectorian

June 19, 2017
    Raid Battles and New Gym Features are Coming!

[​IMG]

Trainers,

The biggest update to Pokémon GO is nearly here! Very soon, Trainers around the world will be able to participate in a revamped Gym gameplay experience, including the opportunity to join together with others to battle against powerful Pokémon in the new Raid Battle feature!

New Gym Features and Updates: Starting soon, Gyms are undergoing a major facelift. You’ll soon be able to spin the Photo Disc at Gyms to acquire items just as you do at PokéStops—but that’s only the beginning. More updates to Gym battles are also just around the corner. Gyms are no longer based on Prestige and training. Instead, they now feature six permanent slots that can be filled by the controlling team’s Pokémon. Each Pokémon assigned to these slots must be unique. For example, only one Blissey can be assigned to a Gym at a time. In addition, opposing teams will battle the Pokémon in the order they were assigned to the Gym.

At the heart of the update is a new motivation system that will significantly change how you interact with Gyms. When a Pokémon is assigned to a Gym, a motivation meter will be displayed. Pokémon assigned to defend a Gym lose motivation over time and as they are defeated in battle. As a Pokémon loses motivation, its CP will temporarily decrease, making it easier for opposing teams to defeat. To help keep the Pokémon motivated and in tip-top shape for their next battle, Trainers can treat their team’s Pokémon to some Berries, which restore their motivation. If a Pokémon loses all motivation, it will leave the Gym and return to its Trainer the next time it loses a battle, so you’ll want to keep your team’s Pokémon motivated by giving them Berries frequently!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gym Badges: Now you’ll be able to earn Gym Badges when interacting with the many Gyms around the world. Gym Badges serve as mementos of your Pokémon GO adventures and reflect your contribution to a Gym’s success.

You’ll be able to level up your Badges by battling, giving Berries to the Pokémon in the Gym and spinning the Gym’s Photo Disc. You can earn the opportunity to receive bonus items and increased rewards from Gyms by raising the level of your Gym Badge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New Raid Battle Feature: All around the world, you’ll soon be able to participate in the new Raid Battle feature at Gyms. A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss. Before a Raid Battle begins, a large Egg will appear atop the Gym. When the countdown above the Egg reaches zero, the Raid Boss will be revealed.

Before you can battle the Raid Boss, you’ll need a Raid Pass. You can get one free Raid Pass per day by visiting a Gym, but you can only hold one at a time. You can also get Premium Raid Passes from the in-game shop. Upon using your pass to join the battle, you and up to 20 other Trainers work together to defeat the Raid Boss. If you successfully defeat the Raid Boss within the five-minute time limit, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New Items: After defeating a Raid Boss, you’ll receive a collection of rewards, including some new items obtained only by defeating a Raid Boss: Rare Candies, Golden Razz Berries, and two types of Technical Machines—Fast and Charged. A Rare Candy is a mysterious candy that, when used on a Pokémon, turns into that Pokémon’s Candy. Golden Razz Berries will greatly increase your chances of catching a Pokémon you encounter in the wild and can also be given to a Pokémon assigned to a Gym to fully recover its motivation meter. Technical Machines are items you can use to permanently teach a Pokémon a new Fast Attack or Charged Attack.

To put these exciting changes in motion, we’ll be temporarily disabling all Gyms. Once the update has been rolled out to players around the world, Gyms will return. The Raid Battle feature will then be rolled out slowly over the next few weeks, starting as a beta, with raids visible only to a subset of players at certain Gym locations. Over a few days, we’ll invite more players to participate and enable raids at more Gyms around the world. Keep an eye on our social media channels for updates on when you’ll be able to start battling in raids. We can’t wait to see you outside battling at your local Gyms!

—The Pokémon GO team

3. Prectorian

I kind of doubt many people still play PokeGo, let alone still have the app in their device. I uninstalled mine months ago. Hence I think the new feature which so many had hope added long ago, is now way too late to introduce and had missed its hype. However, in case some of you whom have deleted/uninstalled the app, want to continue from where you had left off. You can recover it by re-installing & input the exact same birth date and use the same google account when prompted at app registration step.

Although late, might be useful info;
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-19-pokemon-go-promo-codes-giveaways-freebies-4819
    https://www.slashgear.com/pokemon-go-promo-codes-with-item-unlocks-updated-03483963/

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Dark Infernape likes this.
  4. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I have the app on my phone but its been disabled for months, i don't update it nor do i open it for daily rewards.

5. Prectorian

I uninstalled mine, but I can retrieve where I had left off by doing the steps I mentioned if I want. It's boring to play after sometime, not to mention, I had spent quite a fortune on monthly mobile data before quitting. You might want to check out the new features, looks quite cool. Anyway;

June 20, 2017
    Pokémon GO updated to version 0.67.1 for Android and 1.37.1 for iOS
    Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.67.1 for Android and 1.37.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• Gym features significantly updated to add the all-new motivation system.
    • Added new Gym Badge feature.
    • Added in-app and push notification system for Gyms.
    • Added Raid Battles, a new cooperative gameplay experience.
    • Added four new items available only by completing Raid Battles.
    • Added Raids tab to Nearby screen.
    • Added search functionality to Pokémon collection screen.
    • Added visual indicator to unvisited PokéStops.

—The Pokémon GO team

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  6. Prectorian

7. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

^ Link Down

8. Prectorian

So it seems. It's basically praising the recently released update (v.0.67.1).

9. Prectorian

June 29, 2017
    Raid Battles Now Available!
    Trainers,

You and millions of Trainers, Level 5 and above, can now participate in Raid Battles at Gyms all around the world. Gather your friends and family, locate a Raid using the Nearby screen, and take on the extremely powerful Raid Bosses near you!

What are Raid Battles? A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss.

How do you participate? Before a Raid Battle begins, a large Egg will appear atop the Gym with a countdown timer. When the countdown reaches zero, the Raid Boss will be revealed. You’ll need a Raid Pass, to battle the Raid Boss, and you can get one for free each day by visiting a Gym. You and up to 20 other Trainers can work together to defeat the Raid Boss.

What do you get if you defeat a Raid Boss? If you successfully defeat the Raid Boss within the three-minute time limit, you’ll have the chance to catch that Pokémon! In addition, you’ll receive a selection of rewards, which can include Rare Candies, Golden Razz Berries, and two types of Technical Machines—Fast TMs and Charged TMs.

Have more questions? Visit the official Help Center for even more information on Raid Battles.

Good luck in your upcoming Raid Battles!

—The Pokémon GO team

Dark Infernape likes this.
  10. Prectorian

July 18, 2017
    Pokémon GO updated to version 0.69.0 for Android and 1.39.0 for iOS
    Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.69.0 for Android and 1.39.0 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• Added icons to the Pokémon information screen to indicate how the Pokémon was caught.
    • Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym after completing a Raid Battle.
    • Added the ability for Trainers to send Berries to their Pokémon defending Gyms through the Pokémon info screen when they are not nearby. Motivation regained will be less effective through this method.
    • Added the ability for Trainers to give Berries to Pokémon defending Gyms if their motivation meter is full.
    • Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality.
    • Fixed an issue where Trainers were unable to complete Raid Battles started before time expired on the map view.
    • Fixed an issue where Pokémon are not properly returned to their Trainer after defending a Gym.
    • Various bug fixes.

—The Pokémon GO team

tomrobinsonz likes this.
  11. Prectorian

12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

are people still playing this ? im pretty sure user base would have decreased by massive amounts.

13. Prectorian

Some that had left, decides to continue where they had left off. But the number of players certainly had dropped.

14. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

One of my friends said that this willl get has pvp feature . has it arrived ?

15. Prectorian

I'm not sure. I've uninstalled the app. But there was mention of such feature planned.

Anyway;

July 20, 2017
    A Legendary first year of Pokémon GO!

Trainers,

As part of our ongoing celebration of Pokémon GO’s one-year anniversary, we’re excited to reveal that Legendary Pokémon are nearly here! Soon, millions of Trainers around the world will be able to discover, battle, and catch these extremely rare and very powerful Pokémon.

As Trainers around the world go out and explore their neighborhoods in search of Pokémon and Raid Battles, they can keep an eye out for unique Legendary Eggs appearing at Gyms. If Trainers and their team are able to successfully defeat a Legendary Raid Boss, they’ll have the opportunity to catch a Legendary Pokémon of their own! While Legendary Pokémon will help them take on the toughest Raid Bosses and Gym Battles, they’re not willing to leave their Trainer’s side, so they can’t be left to defend Gyms.

On July 22, thousands of Trainers in Grant Park for Pokémon GO Fest and the millions of others around the world will be working together to unlock in-game bonuses for the entire Pokémon GO community. If they manage to catch enough Pokémon during the Pokémon GO Fest Challenge Windows, the first Legendary Pokémon will be revealed in Grant Park. If the Trainers in Chicago succeed in defeating the Legendary Pokémon, that Pokémon will start appearing in Raid Battles around the world, after Pokémon GO Fest.

Trainers everywhere can tune in to watch the action taking place in Grant Park live and join in the conversation using #PokemonGOFest on social media. Follow the official livestream on Twitch or YouTube for the latest news coming out of Pokémon GO Fest including Challenge Window updates, exclusive interviews, and the reveal of the first Legendary Pokémon!

It’s time for Trainers everywhere to start powering up their Pokémon for battle because there are many legendary adventures to come!

—The Pokémon GO team

16. tomrobinsonz

tomrobinsonz Guest

Personally, I still think that Pokemon GO is a great game. The only problem is, that it is online. This means that the server can close anytime, and no one would be able to play the game anymore. I think this fear serves as a major reason explaining the large decrease in Pokemon GO gamers.

Although, I do admit that online facilities are necessary to prevent hacking and maintain integrity, but it significantly limits the number of players.

17. Prectorian

Read: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/22/us/pokemon-go-festival-comes-to-chicago/index.html

July 22, 2017
    Niantic Pokémon GO Fest Chicago Update
    Today at Pokémon GO Fest in Chicago, technical issues created problems for a large number of players attending the event. From everyone at Niantic, we apologize to all of the Trainers who came out to Pokémon GO Fest today. Although we were able to solve many of the technical issues, we were not able to offer every attendee a great experience.

Niantic is taking the following steps immediately:

• All registered attendees will soon receive an email with instructions on how to receive a full refund for the cost of their ticket. These instructions will be sent to the email addresses associated with your Pokémon GO account.
    • All registered attendees will receive $100 in PokéCoins in their Pokémon GO account.
    • Special Pokémon, Eggs, and check-in PokéStops appearing during Pokémon GO Fest have had their range increased to a two mile radius surrounding Grant Park through Monday morning, July 24. These Pokémon and Eggs will only be visible to Pokémon GO Fest attendees who validated the QR code they received when they entered Pokémon GO Fest. Attendees who were unable to validate their QR code during the event can do so through the special PokéStops through Monday morning.
    • All registered attendees will have the Legendary Pokémon, Lugia, added to their account.
    We appreciate the patience of all the Trainers who joined us in Chicago this weekend. We will strive to make sure our experiences are of the highest quality going forward.

—The Pokémon GO team

18. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Pokemon GO Cringe Fest 2017

Prectorian likes this.
  19. Prectorian

July 28, 2017
    Pokémon GO updated to version 0.69.1 for Android and 1.39.1 for iOS
    Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.69.1 for Android and 1.39.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• Spark has returned to appraise Pokémon for Team Instinct Trainers.
    • Resolved a motivation decay bug impacting Pokémon with less than 3000 CP.
    • Resolved a bug causing Pokémon GO to freeze after consuming potions too quickly.
    • Resolved a bug causing Pokémon GO to freeze after all 6 Pokémon faint during a Raid Battle.
    • Resolved an issue causing iPhone 6 devices to crash.

20. Prectorian

July 29, 2017
    An update on the upcoming Pokémon GO Safari Zone Events in Europe
    Trainers,

In order to guarantee the best possible gameplay experience for European Trainers, we have decided to postpone the events in Europe scheduled for August 5 (Copenhagen and Prague) and August 12 (Stockholm and Amsterdam) until a date later in the Fall. No other scheduled events are affected including the event scheduled for Yokohama, Japan on August 14 and the events scheduled for September 16 in France, Spain, and Germany.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you understand that our priority is to ensure a great experience for Pokémon GO Trainers in Europe and around the world. Trainers that might have questions regarding the Safari Zone events should visit the help center.

As a special surprise, we understand that some Pokémon that are rarely seen in Europe will be appearing soon in certain European cities for a brief time. Keep your eyes peeled!

Stay tuned for more information, we will update you as soon as we have the new dates.

Sincerely,
    —The Pokémon GO team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.