1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mobius Final Fantasy [Steam/iOS/Android]

Discussion in 'PC' started by NintyRaccoon, Feb 7, 2017.

?

Which era of "Final Fantasy" do you like the most?

1. The NES era (FF1-3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The GB era (FF Legends 1-3 AKA SaGa 1-3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The SNES era (FF4-6, FF Mystic Quest)

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. The GBA era (remakes of FF1-2, 4-6 + FF Tactics Advance)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The PSX era (FF7-9 + FF Tactics + remakes of FF1-2, 4-6)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. The PS2 era (FF10-12)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The modern console/handheld era (FF Chrystal Chronicles, Dissidia, Bravely Default, FF13-15 etc.)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. None of them - I just play on my phone/tablet (FF Dimensions, FF All The Bravest, Mobius FF etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. None of them - I just play on my computer (FF7-8, 11, 13-14; Mobius FF)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. Not interested in Final Fantasy at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I can confirm this works, i have the game on my mobile right now and its linked to my pc version save. I use my mobile version to claim magicite when i'm not at my pc for several hours, claim the login bonus etc. i keep it just in case i'm away from my pc for a few days :p This game has really grown on me

it is yes. But in my experience there is another. Its a PC n Console only game though, not a mobile title. Warframe.

[​IMG]

Thats over 2500 hours i spent in the game, and its so F2P friendly i have close to 99% of everything in game. The grind isnt that painful, 4 player co op makes it a lot of fun too! I've never spent any cash on teh game yet i have everything ingame plus a ton of premium currency saved up in game.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Princess Sarah, Garland and the Cornelia kingdom all taken from the original FF1 is in the game too, so yea the story is loosely based on the 1st game.

3. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

So the FF7 remaster is worth buying? Even for one who already owns the original game?

Dude! You had time to play through the game in those two months?! :eek:

And I wish I had a Dark Knight! I love Final Fantasy IV as well. Great story!

But in order to make my Assassin my sub, I have to finish Chapter 3 first right? That will take some while...

You believe so? Square Enix (and other developers) has started and ended (mobile) projects before. :(

Take Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade for example.

FF3? Are you talking about the NDS remake? It would be much better if they didn't use chibi-style.

I love FF4 and FF10 as well.

Me too! :D

That's wonderful news!

Does Warframe have a character creation tool? And it can't be played offline, yes?

4. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Nah i wouldnt ask anyone to buy it just coz of those changes, but i think hardcore fans would still go for it, i don't even remember how bad the original looked XD

X wasnt very long tbh, i started a week or two before Christmas and finished it by the end of January, i spent a lot of hours farming and grinding trying to get multiple jobs for each character etc, if i hadnt i would have finished it even faster.

Yea but i was talkin about the battle mechanic, the turn based combat thingy, not the graphics :p

Its kinda hard to explain but it way yes there are A TON of customisation options available, warframes are like classes from the FF, and instead of having one character with multiple jobs, in warframe you get to have individual characters with their own roles, you can customize how they look, equip cards called "mods" to power them up any way you like, and a lot more! its really hard to explain the game is huge XD It has everything of a typical rpg, level up, customise, grind materials, build more stuff, level up warframes, level up weapons, equip your favorite mods and build the frames your own way.

Nope cant be played offline.

5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

add me on steam yet? links on my profile

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Unfortunately, I'm already juggling between playing FEH & PokeDuel. My device memory won't be enough to handle more app for the present time. However thanks for the confirmation regarding ability to cross platform play. I do also have a steam account which I barely open. Maybe when I get to remove some of the other app, I might give it a try. :)

Dark Infernape likes this.
  7. NintyRaccoon

Which Final Fantasy title is the longest according to you? From what I understand, Final Fantasy IV isn't very long since a fast player could finish it in less than 24 hours.

Oh, you didn't like the Job system in FFV? Have you played Final Fantasy Dimensions by the way?

So to make a long story short, the character's appearance depends on which armor he/she is wearing in the game?

Were you asking me or Prectorian?

8. NintyRaccoon

What happened to Pokémon Go? I thought you had it on your phone?

And I remember you mentioned something about the only reason you got a Steam account was to buy and use RPG Maker. How come you don't use Steam for gaming? Is it because you prefer the old times when you could buy a game manually without the need for a gaming platform? Because that's the case with me. If it wasn't for Mobius Final Fantasy (and Champions Online in the past). I doubt I would touch Steam often.

Have you thought of Open RPG Maker instead?

9. Prectorian

I think he was asking you to link to his Steam account, not speaking to me. :)
    It's true I made the account because I was eyeing on the RPG Maker MV. I don't use it for other purpose so far. I haven't seen a game I wish buying from there. Although, I am looking forward to Atelier Filis, which is coming in May on Steam.

I still have Pokemon Go on my phone, true. But that app is small compare to the other 2. And I don't run it all that often, sporadic while on the road. I barely touch it at home, unless I came home with numerous catch. Which I'd evolve or trade off for candy using home WiFi. I avoid using my mobile device for that purpose. My data plan which cost me USD5/month, can only last 25 days of light use. So trimming unnecessary use is a must if I want to squeeze in an extra 5-6 days of that quota.

10. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Thats a difficult question XD Maybe 7? or 10 felt a bit longer than 1-5. And i havent played anything after X, im not interested in anything after X except XV.

Oh yes i do i did love the job system in V, and the one in III. Nope havent heard of Dimensions before you mentioned it XD The first Mobile FF i played was All the Bravest

Its really not "wear" :p you get to control these things, these warframes, throught a mental link, the one that controls the warframes is called a Tenno, (Ten-0). Theres a lot more to it. The warframes have sentience and they bleed and stuff too but are made to be sort of vessels for the tenno.

Basically you mind control these things.

Here you can give this a read if youd like to know more.

[​IMG]

Prec has me on his friends list :D i was asking you yes http://steamcommunity.com/id/cloudstrife696/

NintyRaccoon likes this.
  11. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

@NintyRaccoon

Here this video at 0:40 shows the comparison of stats between WOL Upgraded jobs and a Summoned job

12. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

13. NintyRaccoon

(I don't mind if my conversation with you gets non-topic, since I see this as an attempt of recruiting you to the fantastic world of Palamecia even if I know your answer already.)

I guess you're console player then? Since there are no games on Steam which you wish to buy, and most games exist on several platforms.

Have you tried various open source game engines to create your games? I've tried Ren'py and TWINE. Both are fun, but it's not exactly RPG. And I'm in dire need of an artist to do the necessary artwork, hehe. ^^;

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  14. NintyRaccoon

You haven't tried Final Fantasy Tactics either?

I still have ATB on my phone! It's an excellent time filler, it can be played offline and it doesn't take much space either. And you get SNES graphics! :cool:

You're right, the game is too complicated to be summarised in an easy way. I was more thinking about character creation like this:

Just added you. :)

Yeah... Then it's a good thing I'm focusing on my Assassin and Dragoon now. But I think I should upgrade my Scholar as well. I haven't used the Onion Knight since the day you explained his "weakness".

But I guess I won't either go far in the game or finish the FF7 Remake in time because of my busy life. I've been able to play MFF the past week, but that's not possible as of today. I may be able to log on once per day in order to get my Magicite, but play for long periods? Not possible. :(

15. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Not havent played the original tactics, but have played the NDS Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. Yes i loved the game and love the genre. I forgot about tactics when i talked about game length, as it takes the most time to complete of all FF.

Yes that level of customization exists in warframe, all part of your body can be customised, there are soo many amazing skins, attachments, and even they can be further customised. Every warframe can be customised, evry weapon, evrey companion ( which includes ai sentienls, and felines and canine companions) and even the tenno which is the real us, can be customised. You have a ship, so that can be customised as well, get more of evreything, for free. We players call it "fashionframe".

https://www.reddit.com/r/WarframeRunway/

16. NintyRaccoon

I've played the GBA "prequel" Final Fantasy Tactics Advance myself. It was a fun game. I attempted to play the smartphone version of FFT's enhanced remake. I gave up after a while because the touch screen mechanics made the game difficult to play. I'm too used to play with a controller/keyboard. XD

If you like FFTA2 then you really need to play FFXII since it's the first in the Ivalice-series.

Wow...

Thanks for a fun multiplayer session in MFF by the way!

I found your favourite tune btw:

17. NintyRaccoon

This theme from Final Fantasy III was played at the Arena in Chapter 2:

18. Prectorian

Haha... nach, I've no intention of derailing your topic. :)

But to answer your questions; Atelier Firis is going to be on sales on Steam in May. I've Ren'py, GoDot, Tyrano, Unreal Engine, Unity, etc. which I haven't use. :p

FFXIV for NS? Maybe not in the near future : http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/20/square-enix-considering-final-fantasy-14-for-nintendo-switch

FFXIV Stormblood : http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/12/24/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-expansion-release-date-announced

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    NintyRaccoon and Dark Infernape like this.
  19. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Thanks, i had fun too! that track <3

20. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電