1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mobius Final Fantasy [Steam/iOS/Android]

Discussion in 'PC' started by NintyRaccoon, Feb 7, 2017.

?

Which era of "Final Fantasy" do you like the most?

1. The NES era (FF1-3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The GB era (FF Legends 1-3 AKA SaGa 1-3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The SNES era (FF4-6, FF Mystic Quest)

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. The GBA era (remakes of FF1-2, 4-6 + FF Tactics Advance)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The PSX era (FF7-9 + FF Tactics + remakes of FF1-2, 4-6)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. The PS2 era (FF10-12)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The modern console/handheld era (FF Chrystal Chronicles, Dissidia, Bravely Default, FF13-15 etc.)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. None of them - I just play on my phone/tablet (FF Dimensions, FF All The Bravest, Mobius FF etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. None of them - I just play on my computer (FF7-8, 11, 13-14; Mobius FF)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. Not interested in Final Fantasy at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

I was foolish. :( The three times I pulled the Job cards (Scholar, Assassin, Dragoon) I didn't pull them from the temporary FF7-pool. If I had known this pool was more efficient to get strong ability cards + one random Job card, I would have to used this pool earlier.

So this time I used the right pool, and now I have SOLDIER 1st class and Blade Beam! :cool:

Since it only costs 6 Summon Tickets to pull the abilities from the FF7-pool, as much as pulling from the regular Job card pool, I'll use this pool more often. Hopefully I'll get Wedge and Great Gospel next time!

Thanks! I'll check it out!

You're going to get the game? What do you think of Nier's "loose" connection to the Drakengaard-series?

2. NintyRaccoon

Motion sickness? I can understand that FPS:s can cause motion sickness. But isn't Atelier a series of RPG:s...?

So you don't have the Subsistence-version of MGS3 where you can play Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake?

3. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Holy shit dude! you got that in one try while i tried to get it with 5 0r 6 pulls with no luck.

Wedge is easier to get and a usefull card if you get it, Great Gospel though! i hope you get it man, put it up on your profile all the time and ill rent it from you every single time!

Havnet played anything Drakengaard although ive heard much about the title. i have not played the previous nier game either, Automata is a ps4 exclusive? i do not own any 8th gen consoles sadly.

4. NintyRaccoon

Man, then I'm extremely lucky! :cool:

You still haven't got it? Which Job cards did you get on those pulls?

I will!

Me neither. I'm a proud owner of a PlayStation 2 and it's the best and the "latest" Sony video game console imho. I don't care about its "fake" successors.

I'm quite alienated by the current DLC-practice and mandatory upgrades and patches which the modern day consoles have.

But do you think it's worth getting the DLC:s for FF ATB? I'm talking about the extra stages from FFVII, X and XIII.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It is.

No, I've only played the initial version of MGS3, MGS2, MGS. But I've now all psp versions, which I haven't had the chance to begin.

6. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

7. NintyRaccoon

All PSP versions? Are you talking about Portable Ops and Peace Walker and the non-canon Metal Gear Ac!d 1-2?

I've actually played the mobile versions of MGA1-2 on a symbian phone, great mobile games! You should install them on your dad's phone and try them out, they're that great.

I didn't know MGS1-3 were ported to PSP. I only know about Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS3, X360 and PS Vita.

8. NintyRaccoon

Clap, clap!

But which map are you on? Is that the Lagoon where you can gain extra materia cards in order to upgrade ability cards?

9. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Yup, So i completed all chapters, every single node on the 3 Exploration Regions, and have a 100% on the FF7 Event and got myself the Masamune X! DKs all maxed and OP as ever. Nothin left to do until they add more to the game, seed farms all day everyday now i guess

10. NintyRaccoon

You're one dedicated MFF-player! :cool: And SE hasn't a real ending to the game (yet)?

Farm seeds? Is that necessary when your character is OP:d?

How about playing a new game which Square Enix and all of the mobile game developers want their players to do? I won't fall for their tricks though. My goal is to play through MFF before SE shuts it down in about less than five years despite its millions of fans.

Yes, I've become that cynical.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  11. Prectorian

I didn't say MGS1-3 were ported to PSP. But yes, I've all those PSP titles in my emulator. I'd have to pass getting the symbian ports. :)

12. NintyRaccoon

XD Dude, when you said "But I've now all psp versions" you made me actually think that MGS1-3 were ported to that system.

It's alright actually if you're not interested in the symbian ports. Now that you have a working PSP emulator, of course you would rather play the originals. The symbian ports were great at a time when Nokia and SonyEricsson had their golden age of mobile phones, and I still keep them in high regards.

I think I would buy the new version of the classic Nokia 3310 just because those phones were reliable and the games weren't as corrupt as today - a time when mobile games were really fun.

13. Prectorian

I was thinking of getting that phone too actually. I mean for less than USD100, it'd suit my budget to replace my dad's ancient phone. And at the same time I can get a better smartphone to replace my own.

14. NintyRaccoon

It's that cheap now? I remember back in the 00s when the 3310 was released: without a subscription it cost more than USD350 in my country. Did it cost as much in yours back then?

15. Prectorian

Nope. It was somewhere around USD150-250. According to a local article I read, it's going to be between USD70-100 here. There're first hand smartphones at even less, but of cause don't expect to use it to play games or hold much apps.

16. NintyRaccoon

USD150-250, and that was without a "mandatory" subscription?

USD100 for a modern 3310 is quite a good price and suits my budget. But I thought it was going to be a classic phone with a classic Symbian OS because of the buttons... :(

What I really liked about the old phones was that you could install/run any app from the microSD card without the need of worrying about the phone's internal storage. Now since the era of the "smartphones", no matter how large your microSD cards are, you still need to have a considerable amount of space on your phone. :eek: That isn't so "smart" at all. In fact, that's even "dumber" than "dumbphones".

Booo!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  17. Prectorian

Nope. Subscription base is not popular here since few wants to be tied to an operator for 2 years. Top that with extremely cheap sim cards being sold everywhere. People here uses it like disposable public pay phone cards.

18. NintyRaccoon

I can understand that. So because the people prefer buying subscription-free phones not tied to any operators, phones which are tied to operators aren't sold in your country because of the low interest then?

Since those cheap sim cards are used like disposable public pay phone cards, is it very common that people "change" their phone numbers often because of this practice? I suppose those sim cards are pre-paid ones?

19. Prectorian

Here, subscription based phones are those above USD800, e.g Samsung S7, iphone 7, etc. They are also available without subscribing at electronic & phone stores. So no, not because of low interest in the phone, rather because as I said, they don't want to be tied to an operator whose call/internet rate might be higher.

It is extremely common practice here. Not everyone does so, which is extremely annoying. And yes, this applies to pre-paid only, can't do this with post paid ones.

20. NintyRaccoon

How more expensive are they when they don't have a subscription?

Eh? Is it really annoying when some people use the same number for a long time? Don't you mean the opposite?