1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Most over-rated games

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Datanotfound, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Omega00

Omega00 Well-Known Member

I would have probably played them if Diseny wasn't involved, I mean Axel is basicly a clone of Reno from FF7, so why didn't they just put Reno in the game?

And a Winnie the Pooh level sounds just plain scary

2. sonic_fan_num_1

sonic_fan_num_1 Well-Known Member

I find it funny that in the span of ten pages, there's one game that hasn't been mentioned that takes the crown of overrated.

[​IMG]

To be honest, the titles that everyone has mentioned in here are good games. Yeah, they may be hyped, but in the end all of those titles are good games. Overrated is such an overrated word to use nowadays. It's a shame too because when everyone spits out that word, people get the impression that the game isn't really good, when in reality, they're solid games. Yeah, people may dislike them or feel disappointed in them, but the mass hyperbole of backlash the title receives is completely unwarranted.

I'll end this by saying that Majora's Mask was better. I still liked Ocarina of Time though.

3. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

not unreal tournament, or halflife for sure

4. SlicedandDiced

SlicedandDiced Well-Known Member

Those and Any Games Made By Valve Are not over-rated

5. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

6. redoperator

... final fantasy 7... just 7 and all its knock offs... I enjoyed 8 better

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

halo 3.
    not just game of the year game of the decade it said on the box, couldnt wait to get home!

what a pile of ****!!

never played it again

8. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

Bayonetta.
    This game failed.

9. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

POKEMON

FUCKING POKEMON!!!!!!!

10. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Sands of Destruction.

11. TheSuperFlip

TheSuperFlip Member

Modern Warfare 2.

12. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Community thinks it has major problems, press thinks its awesome.
    I, for one, will quit the game when BC2 comes!

13. redoperator

halo series... now they're just overmilking it

14. ybom

ybom Well-Known Member

The Sims.

But for a title not many people talk about...Gran Tourismo 2. This had to be hands down one of the most grossly disappointing games I've ever owned now that I look back on it. Sure, at the time I was into it, but there is one specific thing about this game that makes it so disappointing as a consumer: The Car. This is directly opposite to one of the most hated games that I loved: Test Drive 6 for the DC.

15. redoperator

that one sonic game with tails doll, it sucked

16. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

17. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

Halo, The Sims, Counter-Strike, and Mario 64.

18. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

I'm going to get shot for this but

Halo: I never see what's so great about it

Pokemon Platinum:It was fun but got boring quickly and sold it in a week after beating it.I can't see why it's still on the highest rated for NDS Games at Gamespot

Final Fantasy VII: There's too much hype for such an ordinary RPG starring an Emo I hate everything character that only cares for himself.

Megaman ZX Series: I'm not fond of it too much.It's ok but I don't see what makes it better than the good ole Megaman and X Series.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2: Now I personally like it.But It gets boring after unlocking everything not to mention the AI becomes really predictable plus the game has extreme brokenness like Gambit,Storm,Dr.Doom,Sentinal and Magneto being overpowered and cheap.

Super Smash Bros.Brawl: Weapons are overpowered,Sonic Sux,They Removed Mewtwo,Too much Hype and Fanservice

The whole Tales Series: I don't hate the Tales series but I really don't see anything really special about them.Their ok.

Touhou: Now I don't hate Touhou It's just something I really cannot sink my teeth into.

Melty Blood:Same reason as Touhou

Kingdom Hearts: It was good at first the first game at least.But the Second game was just not as good then comes all of these spinoffs like 358/2 Days,Birth By Sleep etc.Their not really good.Plus there's far too many Fanbrats of the series who'll chop off your head just for not liking it.

The World Ends with you: I hate it.It sux the main character is another one of those annoying typical male characters who likes to hide his face and keep his hands in his pockets and not give a rat's ass about other ppl.Plus the game's combat system is retarded not to mention there's millions of fanboys that'll kill you for not liking it.

There's more Games but I really can't think of them now.

19. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

>implying all those kingdom hearts games on handhelds are spinoffs and not canon

20. seriaku

seriaku Well-Known Member

Pokemon, its the same crap since red/blue just with 1 or 2 new features and newer crappy looking pokemans