1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Most over-rated games

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Datanotfound, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

so what would you want instead?? isn't that what make people buy it anyway.

ps: Bioshock 2- yeah there are good aspects- but it did not fill the shoes that Bioshock 1 made, not by a long shot.

2. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

This topic might turn into a flamebait.

3. Xynche

Xynche Well-Known Member

Loz - Oot...

My favorite game, but people pretend like it's so much better than it is because they are homos.

4. indianCHAN

indianCHAN Well-Known Member

nah

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  5. yezboy

yezboy Member

Your mama, thought it was great at first, but boy was i wrong...

6. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

something like 70% of games are over rated?

7. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

America, f*ck yeah?

8. shadowfox25

shadowfox25 Member

every game that's ever been popular is overrated

OK theres closure to this topic

9. scottg1990

scottg1990 Well-Known Member

TWEWY: Severely overated game! i mean cmon.. the control scheme is downright pathetic.. music is good. Gets pretty boring :/

10. freehand01

freehand01 Well-Known Member

for me The World Ends With You and GTA: Chinatown wars

11. zangief

bwahahahahaha!!! thanks for the laughs!

FFIV and VI would own VII all day, it's not even funny!

better story, better characters, similar battle system (except for the fact that summons don't take 3 hours to finish), better BGMs, hell i'll go on a limb and say that it has the better antagonist as well!

oh yeah, i've given my reasons countless times but you FF7 fanboys fail to see that. so i'll just say go read what i've written, and that "it's impossible to teach the blind how to see".

12. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I got bored of FF7 pretty quick. I guess im not a 3d kind of gamer. I'd stick to games like FF6 any day.

13. neoparshat

neoparshat Member

@ olliebot :
    FF VII : Agree!! FFVII was great, but the fanboys...
    Touhou : Fanbase give it life, without it, the series is just an abnormal shmups. Endure it :)
    Melty blood : overrated ?
    TWEWY : u hate the battle system? it's kinda refreshing to have unique system like this once a while

14. NeoMagicwarrior

NeoMagicwarrior Active Member

I hate to repeat but:

FF7: Don't get me wrong, this was groundbreaking, but its still just a bare-bones RPG.

CoDMW2: buildings dont blow up, you can shoot through walls, and explosives dont explode nearly enough. Its good, but not 60$ good.

GTA3 (and its spinnoffs): I still to this day, do not have a friend who has finished the storyline in any of these. I DO however have a bunch of friends who go around and shoot things.

Meteos: Everyone said it was an amazing puzzle game. still dont see it. *plays tetris*

Gran Turismo Series: Yes, they handled realistically, but no car going 100+ KPH crashes nose first into a wall, backs up, and keeps going like nothing happened. Once you got good at it, the lack of crashing physics are kinda negligable.....until the cpu rams your car and the physics engin responds as if you are playing bumper boats. >.>

*thinks of more to add later*

15. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I've never played any XBOX and PS3 game before. Can anyone tell me why they think Modern Warfare 2 and Halo are overrated?

16. Raven1992

Raven1992 Well-Known Member

*Grabs flameshield, runs onto field*
    COD MW, COD MW2, Pokemon, Mass Erect 1+2, Halo series, 'Snore'derlands, the majority of final fantasy games, Grand Theft Auto IV (especially when compared to San Andreas in terms of content), World of 'Bore'craft, and Left4Dead.

If I've managed to NOT insult any of you, please tell me ^_^
    *runs away*

17. freehand01

freehand01 Well-Known Member

add the harvest moon like berry farming in the platinum and pearl,
    sometimes when I was still playing PK: platinum, I feel like I was playing harvest moon in berry planting and harvesting, instead of using that time for leveling my pokemons

18. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Fable and Fable2 were WAY over-hyped.

19. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

I agree with most of your list, except for borderlands. That game is great.

20. zangief

I'm kind of surprised that an Anime Lover would hate TWEWY. You're right though, Neku IS an emo-freak, but the game will get better once you get past that fact. He also actually changes to a caring friend as the game progresses so don't be discouraged by the early chapters of the game.

The combat system is retarded? While it surely is complex, it's one of the best features of the game. No other game has a combat system that even compares to it because of the dual screen system. Just give it a shot, once you get the hang of it, you will enjoy it!