1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My antivirus keeps blocking downloads. Why?

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Pogohg, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Pogohg

Pogohg Actually not idiotic Nintendo fanboy

I keep trying download ROM's and ISO's from this site, but my antivirus-programme keeps blocking it whenever I try. I don't know if it's just the programme being whacky or if there actually is a virus on the site. Either way, I can't download anything, and I want to know why it might be and if there is actually anything to worry about.

I already posted this, but in the wrong section.

2. aurA_

aurA_ Member

You're definitely receiving a false positive - there are no virus' on this site.
    Try temporarily disabling your AV whilst you download, or, alternatively, move to another AV - one that is less-likely to throw a hissy-fit. ESET works well.

jr42094 and Pogohg like this.
  3. Pogohg

Okay. Thanks.

4. Pogohg

5. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

@Pogohg I haven't tried the link because I want to be on the safe side, but that link has nothing to with RomUlation. As long as you download the games from RomUlation, you should be safe.

6. Pogohg

That's the thing though. Whenever I try to download the game (the game in question is Dokapon Kingdom for the Wii) I get directed to this. If I knew how to show screenshots here I could've shown you.

7. NintyRaccoon

@Pogohg Are you logged on the main website as well? Because at the moment, while we're both online on the forum, we both need to log on the main website as well.

When you've logged in, search for your game and try downloading again. I'll be online to await your reply.

8. Pogohg

Still says the same thing.

9. NintyRaccoon

@Pogohg
    Then I'm afraid I don't know what the problem is. Because I've logged on the main website and I can download the game without problems, after clicking "skip" on the offers which are shown to me.

So now I'm currently waiting for the download to be finished.

10. Pogohg

What antivirus software do you have?

11. NintyRaccoon

Norton Antivirus

12. Pogohg

First off: Kek (no offense, of course)

Second: I'm using F-Secure. Maybe it's just that software that is stupid or something, I don't know.

13. NintyRaccoon

Maybe it is. I think @Prectorian or @Loonylion can help us with this issue. Come back tomorrow (or later today, depending on your time zone), and we'll see what they think about this.

jr42094 likes this.
  14. aurA_

aurA_ Member

Attempting to download your link pulled up no errors or redirects - downloaded instantly.
    Have you tried disabling your firewall? Perhaps your firewall is attempting to block the download.

Regardless, I'll re-upload the game in question to MEGA and post the link here.

Edit: Dokapon_Kingdom_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    NintyRaccoon likes this.
  15. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Actually, the admins knows best about this issue - either Loony or Sph. (purposely parsing their usernames to avoid direct tagging them. :p )

In any case, base on past similar cases, it might be caused by browser or javascript, in which case change browser (e.g. to FireFox/Chrome) and/or update javascript.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  16. NintyRaccoon

And that's why I tagged Loony and you (even if you aren't an admin), because you both would know better than me regarding browser problems, and I hoped you would be notified of this thread faster.

Thanks for double checking the download link and confirming my finding, aurA_.

Hopefully this is a better solution for you at the moment @Pogohg !

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

could possibly be an ad

18. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Yeah that's the ad domain it's blocking completely.