1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Feb 17, 2011.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest VI does have AP
    [​IMG]
    Download Game Topic

Known AP:
    - Loop after the intro right after you get into the castle main chamber, you get dispersed and back to the opening where you slept at the camp fire
    - Freeze after town 2

Works On:
    -Supercard DSTWO (EOS 1.09)
    -AKAIO 1.8.0, 1.8.1 (Activating Bypass AP Feature)
    -AKAIO 1.8.5 (Default Settings)
    -TTMenu/YSMenu v6.50
    -Wood v1.24 (With AP Patch from RetroGameFan - Check Buttom Part for link)
    -M3(i) (With AP Patch from RetroGameFan - Check Buttom Part for link)
    -(i)EDGE Firmware v2.1 (With AP Patch from RetroGameFan - Check Buttom Part for link)
    -R4 firmware v1.18 (With AP Patch from RetroGameFan - Check Buttom Part for link)
    -Ez Flash Vi 3.0 OB5
    -No$GBA
    -Desmume 0.9.6

Not Working On:
    -CycloDS (i)Evolution Firmware v2.1

PrePatched Rom can be found here: 5560 - Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (U)(Robotkillers)

RetroGameFan's AP Fix Patch
    Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation AP Patch 1.0 - Filetrip

how to patch:
    -simply drag and drop nds file to the patch

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Ilvupaburger,

Sorry, I've exceeded my 5 message per hour limit.

I've tested on YSMENU v.4.49 and Wood R4 Original v.1.24 using the Open Patched version provided by Retrogamefan. It got passed the intro loop for both firmware.

Here's the patch tool from Retrogamefan: http://filetrip.net/f24040-Dragon-Quest-VI-Realms-of-Revelation-%28U%29-AP-Patch-1-0.html

Simply Drag and Drop the clean rom.

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

But did it get past the other AP where you can't get past town 2?

4. Prectorian

I've not play that far. Please test it and tell us here.

Thanks.

Edit:

Can anyone please upload links to pre-patched version for me to link in the share section. My internet connection is rather slow today to upload such big size file. Thanks.

5. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Can't. Downloaded another game today because I didn't think DQVI would be dumped today, so there's no room for anything else.

6. mike10003

mike10003 New Member

What is the AP for the 2nd town? I am in Haggleton and everything seems fine. Wood 1.24

7. Prectorian

Oh. Well in that case, I'll have to wait until someone else can assist. Thanks.

8. LogicalPlayer

LogicalPlayer Member

The game does not even show up on my Acekard2i I put it on my SD card and when I boot it up i dont see it everything else is there, i am using AKAIO 1.8.5

9. Prectorian

Someone in GBATemp mention it hanged/freezed after reaching the second town on Acekard/Cyclo.

Are you using the patched version on Wood R4?

10. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Did you accidentally delete .nds off the end (if you renamed it)? I did that once. Pissed me off until I realized my mistake.

11. Oddysee1

Oddysee1 New Member

I can confirm that the loop is fixed when the above patch is applied on original R4 with Wood 1.24.

12. mike10003

mike10003 New Member

Yes. Patched Wood R4 1.24, and I just sold the goods to the Bazaar. No freezing.

13. Prectorian

That's good.

Iluvfupaburger, please update the first post, that means the open patch bypass the loop and freeze on the 2nd town for wood r4 original v.1.24 and ysmenu v.4.49. Thanks.

14. FelixtheCat69

FelixtheCat69 Member

yeah I got an M3 real...hopefully it works doubt it will is there anything to get it to work?

15. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

you can try the patch, let me know if it works

16. judekhanzo

judekhanzo Member

Whenever I try to apply the patch I get an error. Is the patch messed up or did I do something wrong? (I dragged and dropped the rom onto the .exe file and I get the error message)

17. LogicalPlayer

LogicalPlayer Member

that was the problem thank you so much!

18. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I can confirm both AP checks mentioned being bypassed with the patch on Wood v1.24.

By the by, it isn't a freeze at Haggleton. That's a fluke on part of whoever had the problem. Somebody who dumped the game for themselves confirmed the first AP being the looping dream sequence, and the second AP being the fact that the second town had no people.

19. Prectorian

The patch file is in chinese/japanese. just press the left button to produce the .bak and then a word in chinese/japanese saying done. Just delete the .bak file.

20. judekhanzo

judekhanzo Member

I don't understand, step by step me through this if you can.