1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS Flash Carts

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Almo, May 13, 2008.

1. hi1116

hi1116 Well-Known Member

r4 sucks, it never updates, 1/10

2. xshinex

xshinex New Member

So it seems the general consensus is that Acekard2i is the best one. I've had this r4 for over 3 years I think and I want to get a new card. I could go to chinatown and get the latest r4-whatever-non-clone-version (I think it was rdi or something) or buy Acekard2i online.

Which should I buy? Price is pretty much the same (except I haven't really looked at shipping). If I were to get an Acekard2i, does my 2gb MicroSD card work? I suppose I'll have to format it to get rid of the r4 stuff in it. And do I have to pay for the software and/or updates? Akaio or something? I think I read that somewhere else.. sounds silly to me.

Thanks.

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

remove this of the first post please, recent versions of the N5 (2009 onwards) have fixed this problem, there are also clones of the N5, if the N5 people have is not this one: http://www.dsn5.com/ the one shown on the page then its either an older version or a fake one, so far i got it on september 26 2009 being used it from january 2010 with an SDHC of 4 GB works fine.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It has a bad name for that very reason, so no.

5. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

so no? the argument is baseless in my opinion i can show evidence that i have both a N5 and it works, it has not bricked my NDS, im betting its previous versions those who bricked NDS, can you show proof in this moment that the N5 is bricking NDS, i lay my case to rest

6. anthonypopo

anthonypopo Well-Known Member

where's acekard?

7. robert_newbie

robert_newbie New Member

At one time there was a PHYSICAL design flaw in the shell of the N5 and other flash carts. These carts only had "guides" for the first and last game reader pins in the DS/DS Lite. In a game system with weak or slightly bent game reader pins the lack of guides allowed the game reader pins to short each other out (by 2 pins on 1 pad or 2 pins sliding into each other). If this happened the F2 fuse on the game system was blown. THE GAME SYSTEM WAS NOT BRICKED. Most of the cart manufacturers have changed the cart shell design to include guides for all the pads as an official Nintendo game cart has to eliminate this problem.

8. metoxys

metoxys Active Member

Where's the DSTT on the list? :(

9. useurcamera

useurcamera Active Member

Cyclo ds is nice but its expensive! :'(

10. game4nds

game4nds Active Member

will release flashcarts: ex4 ds, ds2.
    look forward to

11. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

and ez flash

12. anandjones

Updated the post with an updated link. The original post was copied from it (or another).

13. ashley_surferboi

ashley_surferboi Well-Known Member

just to add to the annectdotal evidence on r4 clones,
    my phat ds's battery went, though to be fair the slot 1 was damaged, to read anything a series of sharpener blades had to be placed down the back of the console.
    it was a combination of the r4 sdhc, faulty slot 1 and sharpener blades that broke it. oh and did i mention id thrown it onto the bed when it broke, the battery went.
    still have the same r4 and still using it but with a shiny new red dsl

14. bully

bully New Member

I have a R4DS from about 3 yrs ago and now that it is incompatible with alot of the new game I would like a quick opinion of whats the best cart to buy today for new and old games.

A quick name of the carts or link would be great ..

Thnx,
    bully

15. anandjones

CycloDS and Acekard 2i. You could also use the Wood R4 firmware for your R4. http://linfoxdomain.com/ds

16. RSunlimited

RSunlimited Member

how do you install moonshell and firmware for a cyclo ds evo??

17. anandjones

http://cyclods.theta.in/wiki/Special:Allpages

18. kyle82309

kyle82309 Member

what add r41.4 hcsd

19. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I wish this can be a little more updated. Like with the bottom line of why we should get that card, and simple warnings like never buy an R4i.

20. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I don't see EDGE. Sigh.