1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS]Problem with corrupted Data and unable to write data

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kuzumitaiga, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuzumitaiga

kuzumitaiga Member

hey guys! I'm a new member here and i just want to find out, is it normal for no$GBA to lag a lot on NDS games? I'm trying out Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales, I've tried out both the (E) and (U) version, the problem is that, after the intro (for U) after clicking the chocobo it will say file corrupted, turn off and start again or something like that. it's the same goes to E except that it happens when choosing language. Any ideas guys?

Cheers!

and btw, what's ur No$GBA 2.6a settings? and this is the best emulator so far rite?

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

it can, because no$gba can't make save files if packaged. if packed out, it can, BUT it will make 2 new directories.
    and it can run ds/gba roms
    Post Merge: [time]1253962712[/time]
    or it is the version of the game. originally its not normal (is you mean the sound, always poppy) im using it too,
    Post Merge: [time]1253962768[/time]
    im going to download the game too, is it fun?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be able to LAG if it was packaged-compressed.

The save is prehaps why...

The save needs to be manually set-look for the save options in the emu's options and keep changing until you bypass it and be able to save.

The lag I have no idea as I had a brief time with it.

Prehaps incompatibility-it is an old emu...

Could try NO$zoomer and see if that helps-it's an addon-google it or check about somewhere here.

4. kuzumitaiga

kuzumitaiga Member

dude, how am i supposed to know if its fun >.< I CANT EVEN PLAY IT! unable to write file. why not u try it and reply to this thread ASAP? see if there's any problem. thx

5. yoshi2889

oops, sorry.
    try it on a flashcard

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

*facepalm

Read and try.

7. yoshi2889

im going to test it too on no$gba say if it works good!
    Post Merge: [time]1253963141[/time]
    whats the problem? i have no errors!
    there must be something with your pc

8. kuzumitaiga

kuzumitaiga Member

uhmmm, I'm having no$zoomer with me now, tried it with pokemon platinum, 8fps while playing .__. i really lol'd at the lagness... and lolwut my reply wasn't posted here, so I'm gonna say this again, mds64, what do you mean by packaged compressed?

9. yoshi2889

whats (*facepalm)?

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

yoshi up there was saying something that wasn't direct to your issue so I replied to him, sorry if you got caught.

Have you tried altering the save options?

Many games I tried didn't work when I first used the emu until I changed them myself-change the save type's and or sizes until you go futher.

Not sure about lag-I changed some of the graphics settings for some games but in the end I cbf'd putting up with it so I stuck to my flash card.

Someone here may know-but you may have to stick around or wait-also my net is VERY laggy so not even sure if this one goes thru...

I kinda hoped you skipped past the "packaged compressed" part-that's if it hasn't be extracted and not in relation to what your having-follow up there ^^^

11. kuzumitaiga

kuzumitaiga Member

it's something like this, http://www.rock-beats-paper.com/ha/facepalm.jpg

put your palm on ur face.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

When you put your hand on your face as to say "sheesh that's...ot right".

Please stay on topic so we can help the poor dude out-we are confusing him as it is.

13. kuzumitaiga

kuzumitaiga Member

@_@ hmmmmm... i have a feeling that ur the packaged compressed part u were talking about is something to do with the .sav files, cuz... some months ago, while trying to get pokesav work on my platinum, i had to change that sav file so that it becomes 500kb+ from 30kb+ @_@ omai gawd i'm confused here

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok I'll re explain...

Is this the first time you used this emulator?

It may not automatically make the save type or get it right at all-keep changing the type in the emu's settings until you get futher than where your getting blocked.

And delete any other save files that were created as you go-or else the emu get's confused :(

15. kuzumitaiga

kuzumitaiga Member

yo dudes! managed to skip through that unable to write data problem, i was right, it was bcuz of my own actions, thanks to pokemon platinum, cuz i had to edit something last time, which i can't really remember, so that my pokemon platinum sav file becomes 520kb lol. now that i created another new directory for the emu, (another .exe, of course) it works, now my enemy is the lagness, can u guys tell me ur settings?

my pc specs are as follow:

Windows XP Home SP3
    1.5GB DDR2 RAM 533mhz
    Pentium D 805 2.66ghz dual core (i know it's too lame)
    640GB HDD.
    Post Merge: [time]1253963922[/time]
    yep i get what ur saying! i created another directory for my non pokemon games lol... so now i'll have to handle the graphical and audio problems for now.. hmmm...

big thanks to the two of u for sticking with me here yoshi and mds!

16. yoshi2889

ok now i know. (have i already said that i am no good English-man so no good gamer?)

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Your specs are better than mine-if anything you have a better chance of resident evil 5 on your rig :(

I'm saying keep changing the sae type in the emu options-but delete all other created saves-they will conflict and make it seem nothings working.

Just delete them-and different folders won't help-they save in thier own folder.

If your lucky one of the mods who has more experienced in emulators may come by so keep watching-sorry but my advice, while it worked for me, is ethier not working or something ain't right on your end.

18. kuzumitaiga

kuzumitaiga Member

sigh... nah i hate RE 5, i will shit brix. I'm always getting low fps while playing DS games, i dunno why lol... yeah let's hope one of the members here who are experienced in emus to come and advice me on this matter! thanks a lot bro. cheers

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Good luck :)

(I still reckon it's the save configuration-that got me annoyed as I had to change it until every game worked-so much for saving money on buying yet another flash card)

20. kuzumitaiga

kuzumitaiga Member

lol. and btw, is there such thing as a PSP emulator? lol since u dl lots of those for your real life PSP 2000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.