1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks - klaimore

Discussion in 'Review Submission' started by klaimore, Apr 26, 2010.

1. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks.

Platform: DS
    Developed by: Nintendo
    Published by: Nintendo
    ESRB Rating: 10+
    [​IMG]

Every Zelda game you may find, it has displayed that consoles functions and express the word fun no other games had attempted to. The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks is the fifteenth game in the series, set 100 years after the previous game, Phantom Hourglass. The gameplay is very much like Phantom Hourglass, but instead of being a sealover, your stuck on being a landlover, with a few exceptions.
    [​IMG]

Spirit tracks are special tracks that run through the Hyrule Kingdom, recently the Tracks have been disappearing mysteriously, and Princess Zelda has been trying to get to the bottom of this mystery.
    Present Link is seeking to be an enginner, and needs to attend the ceremony in Hyrule Castle to become official. After the ceremony, Princess Zelda requests Link and his master Alfonzo to take her to the Tower of Spirits , where being ambushed by Chancellor Cole, the Princess' personal advisor. After the Tower of Spirits begins break into 5 pieces, and the Princess' soul is forced out of her body and Link needs to replenish the tracks and stop Chancellor Cole's evil plans of summoning the Demon King.
    [​IMG]
    Spirit tracks was made from a remodelled version of Phantom Hourglass' engine, but despite that fact, the game has utilised all the DS' functions perfectly. Unlike most other RPGs, where the DS' special functions is barely used, this game uses the Touch Screen and mic for almost everything instead of lame old button mashing. Your means of travelling is a train, which uses the same system as Phantom Hourglass' boat. However, the train is much more fun than the boat, as you can easily navigate through the surroundings,since everything in the sea looks the same and is blue. Another thing is the number of side quests available to acquire bonuses, some include Force Gems and the catching rabbit minigame.The battling system is no different from Phantom Hourglass, but you now can control a Phantom, one of the stronger enemies in the Zelda world and use it as your minion to get past difficult spaces to open access the next area.
    [​IMG]

Other RPGs would think of levelling up to become stronger, but Spirit tracks have acquired a better way that uses the player's skills to determine a win or lose situation. The player uses the Touch screen to attack by inputting certain Touch Screen commands to strike a monster. Regardless, there a lot of dungeon puzzles that require a bit of brain thinking, and bosses that need desperate brain measures to defeat. Neverless, everything epic is inside temples, aside from the train attacks.

The Spirit Flute is an item acquired very early in the game, and is playable by touching the flute pipes while blowing in the mic. This is a very fun item that can be taken out to play near weird stones to receive a song that would amend your difficulties in the game and make things a whole lot easier. It is very easy to master and has a nice tune to it, another great addition to this game.
    [​IMG]

To sum it all up, The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks was a very good game, one I would really open my pockets for, and it surpassed Nintendo's previous Zelda game easily.

Gameplay: 10/10 – Not much other RPG's have Zelda's touch to it, Nintendo has really put a lot of effort into the game.

Sound 9/10 – Some people may think that having a lot of music and soundtracks will exceed a games sales, but I think not. Zelda uses only sound effects, and that really gives of a creepy feeling while your in a temple.

Graphics: 9/10 – Not bad graphics, guess Nintendo likes stick to old engines, but this way it really gives off a great suspenseful feeling in dire situations.

Presentation: 10/10 – Even though Phantom Hourglass' graphics and gameplay weren't much different, Spirit Tracks had an awesome storyline, and the graphics and music blended with it perfectly.

Lasting Appeal: 8.5/10 – After completing the main storyline there isn't very much to do, I couldn't be bothered capturing all the rabbits or obtaining all Force Gems and finding all Stamp Stations. It could be more fun if you bothered.

Total Score: 46.5/50– The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks is in fact one of the games I would recommend to all my friends and actually turn to support Nintendo for. It's what you would expect from a typical Zelda game.

2. rudegal

rudegal Well-Known Member

fantastic review klaimore id recommend it to all first time zelda players

3. klaimore

I kinda took in Insanecrazy's advice. This is my 2nd review and I'm kinda trying to expand my future ones more.

Thanks by the way.

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Is that...a Darknut?
    This is pretty good. Only a few spelling/grammar issues, but good nonetheless.

What I didn't like about TPH or this game is the graphics engine that they used. It looks too jagged for my tastes, and you'll never find a smooth, rounded circle anywhere in the game. It looks like an amateur sculptor who forgot to add that last finishing touch to make it polished.

5. klaimore

Sorry, I didn't have much time to edit it, I'll do it now.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

A 3d DS game without jaggies?

That's something that's pretty much impossible.