1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDSi problem with my R4i SDHC

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by kotretsos, Feb 9, 2013.

1. kotretsos

kotretsos Member

Hello,I have a problem with my R4i SDHC ,accidently i did the 1.4.5E update on my Dsi and then i tried to put in the R4i SDHC then i had the message"An error has occured Press and hold POWER..".I download the update for the site of R4i SDHC and i updated from another Ds Fat and i still have the same message apearring.What i can do so it works again?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Are you sure your R4i SDHC got an updating file to make it run on DSi v.1.45? Check again, cause if it's the older R4i SDHC, it only managed to release an update for DSi v.1.43. If you're unsure, since you got an NDS console, read what the R4's firmware says after updating is done. I think it's not v.1.45. Maybe the firmware you had upgraded to isn't what your cart is suppose to be using. By the way, could you please state what the official cart's website and it's firmware version prior to the upgrading, as well as it's full name according to the sticker on it's body?

3. kotretsos

kotretsos Member

4. Prectorian

I already know the content of that site.
    Bad news, your cart is the older version of R4i SDHC.com's product. There's no update for it to work on v.1.45 (DSi) or v.4.5.0 (3DS). You'll have to buy a new cart.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You can keep your original firmware, and try RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update 6.97

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

Means use it as a second loader, as dule boot, tehy should be a .nds file that you run first.

6. kotretsos

kotretsos Member

man i cant run my R4i :/ how i can run .nds file ?

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

EDIT: Sorry I see did not read your first past proper.

You mean you did a software upgrade on your DSi system.

And it's possible you may have block your DSi from flashcards from been used.

----------

I was thinking of somethink else on my other post. ^^

Hope someone here can help you, I don't have a DSI.

8. kotretsos

kotretsos Member

can some one tell me good carts for ndsi v1.4.5E if is possible hi can play and GBA games :D

9. Prectorian

Only 1 cart for the said purpose: SUPERCARD DSTWO

10. kotretsos

kotretsos Member

the SuperCard DSONEi mini can play on my dsi ? and if yes can play gba games ?

11. Prectorian

Yes, but the guys at the official site says that, support for DSi v.1.45 and 3DS v.4.5.0 might be the last of it's update because getting to support the v.1.45/v.4.5.0 was almost impossible if not for someone finding a hole through a demo cart. Maybe if Nintendo create new patch upgrade for it's console, that cart will be no longer able to keep up.

Unless you have a NDS/NDSL, to insert a rumble pack into slot 2, you can't play GBA roms on that cart. And because you're on a DSi, so the answer is NO!

12. kotretsos

kotretsos Member

is better to buy R4i SDHC Dual-Core 1.45 or SUPERCARD DSTWO ?

13. Prectorian

I'm just referring you to the best carts on the current market.
    However, it boils down to your preferred kind of cart to buy.
    Not to mention suit what your console's current firmware is, and of cause your budget.

14. kotretsos

kotretsos Member

the R4i SDHC Dual-Core 1.45 can play on my dsi v1.4.5E? and i things cant play gba games only ds ? can you tell me if is good cart ?

15. Prectorian

Since you're on an NDSi, there's only slot 1, thus if you want to emulate GBA games too, will have to buy the DSTWO. The down side is that the cart is expensive for being high end, but the good side is it's always up to date to follow latest Nintendo firmware upgrades. I wouldn't say that R4i Dual Core is good or bad, but considering their latest firmware upgrade released on October 2012 says it supports DSi v.1.45c and 3DS v.4.40.....when the current firmware is DSi v.1.45e and 3DS v.4.5.0, quite answers your question doesn't it? If you can't affort to buy that pricy DSTWO, better go for an R4i Gold produced by R4ids.cn. It has no GBA ability when played on DSi or 3DS, but it's as up to date as the DSTWO in keeping up with the Nintendo upgrades. In the end it's up to you to decide, but choose your options wisely.

16. kotretsos

kotretsos Member

17. Savi87320

Savi87320 New Member

i have the card r4igold.cc the website can i fix it or do i need to get a new r4 card??

18. Prectorian

That depends on what the problem is.
    It depends on you to decide whether you feel the need to buy a new cartridge or not.