1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help getting game running on my emulator.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ticktock_, Nov 11, 2016.

1. ticktock_

ticktock_ Member

So I have this game called "the world is not enough" on gameboy color and whenever i play it, it displays a message saying this game can only be played on a gameboy color.

The emulator im using is called my old boy (on android) and i have it set to currently run on gameboy color, yet the message keeps appearing when I play the game again, I even erased the battery save for the game as well as reseting it through the emulators options/long menu. (also idk if the original gameboy color made regular gameboy games have color because I never owned one, but assuming it did even when ever I have my old boy set on gameboy color it doesnt make my gameboy games have color, again assuming of course that a gameboy color fills regular gameboy games with color)

So whats my solution internet awesomeness?

2. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Try reinstalling the emulator and dont change any setting.
    Or you could use VBA-m/VBA for pc

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Unfortunately console emulation on mobile phones is relatively new so game compatibility may not be that great.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

There are many GBC emulators for Android at various stages of development. Can't exactly say which is best though.
    You should try other emu e.g. GBC.EMU, JOHN GBC, or VGB to see which suits you best.

5. ticktock_

ticktock_ Member

Thanks it worked.

6. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

@ticktock_
    Glad i could help.
    Enjoy the games.

7. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

@ticktock_ I've tried John GBC before on an Android phone, and I can really recommend it. But of course, playing with a virtual D-pad isn't as great as a real one. I played Zelda: Link's Awakening on my phone (with John GBC) and I had to quick save and quick load a lot because I got constantly hit by enemies.