1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help to make my laptop become wifi hotspot for my DS

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by tadhi, Oct 14, 2012.

1. tadhi

tadhi New Member

my laptop connect to internet using a wired connection

Is there a way to make my laptop become wifi hotspot for my DS? I tried using connectify (ad-hoc, encrypted, WEP), but it's not working, my DS got error 51300 :(

I also tried to set up a wireless ad-hoc (computer-to-computer) network, but got the same result :(

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

First off....this topic should go to Non-Emulation Help or Hobbies (Computer Child Board).

Buy a Nintendo WIFI device/dongle, making your Laptop as a teethering hot-spot isn't going to make it compatible to connect with your DS console. Or buy a router that supports WEP.

I'm using a program called 'connectify-me pro version'. The free and the pro version both will not make the AD-HOC hot-spot compatible for NDS/NDSL, not sure about DSi/3DS. Connectify-me can only be use for computer to computer, and computer to wireless devices such as mobile phone. For computer to computer, you just need to program the laptop installed with the program to WPA2, give a name and password, switch on or activate your wireless network connection, and make it discoverable. Your other computer/device just need to switch on its wifi/wireless connection, discover the name of the hot-spot, input the same password as been made on laptop 1. Simple as that. By the way, the teethering range is limitted, around 6-8 foot radius.