1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New firmware for original R4 released - Wood R4

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by KevInChester, Apr 8, 2010.

1. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Can't you read?

THE LINK IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS TOPIC!!!

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

The official, real, proper 1.06 is out now! http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=223527&st=0

4. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Wood R4 is working amazingly on my R4DS! Games that didn't work before work now like Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Zelda Spirit Tracks and GTA Chinatown Wars.

Also, does pokemon HG and SS work perfectly fine all the way through for those who have gotten far in the game? I just want to know before I waste points trying to download them.

Also, for those who have already downloaded it, upgrading to 1.06 wont screw up any of the games and stuff I have now, right? And what exactly are the benefits of downloading it?

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I was having some pretty bad homebrew issues with Wood 1.05, but I've thankfully resolved that issue. Downloaded Moonshell 2.10 Stable Full Package, installed it to my MicroSD card, and found that when I run homebrew while running Moonshell with the alt. loader (the regular doesn't work quite right, but the alt. loader works like a charm), it works without any issues. Now I can run Bunjalloo again perfectly after it was having file location issues when I tried to run it on Wood alone.

Wood 1.05 + Moonshell 2.10 Stable = Perfection

6. canidia

canidia Member

I had the same question. Didn't get answered so I checked it out myself. Had the (us) version unpatched and didn't work on wood v.1.04 but downloaded (eu) version and it works. Me and my son were very happy to see that it does since I've been wanting to play it for ages! Don't know whether it works on v.1.05 or not as I have not downloaded it yet. I've had no problem with v.1.04 so I think I'm gonna stick to it for a little while :)

7. Fredbox

The changelog here tells you what's new. If you were using a patched game on it, you don't need to any more, you should change to the clean rom. For example I was using the SUXXORS release of Again, but now the Bahamut release works fine.

8. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

How do you know whether the game is patched?

9. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

You don't, except when it works fine.

10. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

When you dowload the game and it comes out as a .rar file (like it should) Next to it there is a .rar file that says patch. Is that how you know that the game comes with a patch for it?

Also, where can I download Heart Gold or Soul Silver, because romulation doesn't have it.

11. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=9222&hilite=heartgold&type=phrase

here it is :)

12. Fredbox

He wasn't asking for the patch. He wants the rom.
    It doesn't matter if it comes with a patch or not, just don't patch it.

13. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

that was the rom but it got deleted ):
    Post Merge: [time]1272480234[/time]
    Found them!

Pokemon Heart Gold Rom Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?izmnwmoremb

Pokemon Soul Silver Rom Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yemcxjznfzj

14. Fredbox

*facepalm*DS-Scene don't ever have roms. They ban you if you ask for roms there. They just track releases.

15. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

Dam I thought they did, my bad.

16. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Lol. Thanks
    Post Merge: [time]1272489133[/time]
    Alright. I downloaded Soul Silver and it’s totally awesome so far. I’m just getting paranoid that it might freeze on me. It should work fine throughout the whole game unpatched on Wood R4 correct?

Also, I know that when you buy the game it comes with a Poke walker. What exactly does that thing do? What am I missing out on by not buying the game with the Poke walker accessory?

17. canidia

canidia Member

Without the actual game cart, you cannot use the pokewalker. You have to buy the game. I've been playing heartgold for about 100 hours and it hasn't frozen yet. :)

18. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Sorry, but i'm having theme problems with the Wood R4 again. All i did was replace the Death Note theme I had in the ui folder with a Final Fantasy one and now it's doing that blue screen crap again. I made a calendar folder and put the right things in there like I was supposed to and i didn't delete the Zelda and Black themes, but it still wont show.
    Post Merge: [time]1272494004[/time]
    And I get the fact that without the actual game cart i don't have the pokewalker. I'm just asking what are some of the disadvantages of not having the pokewalker?

19. Fredbox

Just don't delete the theme you are currently using. You had it set to the death note theme, you deleted it, so now it's loading a theme that's not there. Put the death note theme back and make sure the folder in the ui folder has the same name as it did before you deleted it.

20. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Alright. I'll try it.