1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NEW PS3 vs. XBOX 360 vs. WII *POLL*

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Arcwolf09, May 21, 2010.

?

which do you think is the better system?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2010.
  1. PS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. XBox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Read my last post, the PS3 does not have higher resolutions.

2. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

IM talking about in general you stubborn person. higher resoulutions as in 720 and up is where the framerate issuses pop up.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

That still explains nothing, the 360 also has those resolutions.

Clarify please.

4. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

When the PS3 uses these high resolutions and gets hot it begins to have framerate issuses

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I don't mean the frame rate issues, I mean how the PS3 has these higher resolutions, not in relation to the frame rate, but JUST the higher res.

6. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Nintendo OWNS so Wii :)
    (Except the AP is shit ;))

7. lampslammer

lampslammer Well-Known Member

well i think the poll speaks for itself.......... 360 is inferior.

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

In your opinion. Also on the opinion of people who don't own one and vote for it regardless. Also don't mention the people that haven't voted like me, or anyone else who thinks all three are equal.

9. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Thats just it they arnt all "equal" each has its pros and cons.

10. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Haha why no PC as well?Oh i know because the cell processor is the most powerful thing in da WORLD!!!More powerful than the LHC computer.
    The cell allow for the best simulation of physics as the PS3 is the first console that is able to do it!!!
    Woah Killzone 2 introduces HDR lighting!!!Motion capture!!!WOAHH!!!

11. lampslammer

so you have to own it to vote? and yes they have pro and cons, but thats what debates are for. scoreboard.........

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You still didn't explain to me about the higher res thing.

And each does have their pros and cons, that's why they're equal.

Scoreboard is not what a debate is about. A debate is about reasoning and logical arguments, while you can include an opinion, but it's not as concrete as logic or fact. And yes I believe that you should own it before you say that it's the best for you, while you can hype something up to be better than the competition but it can also be underwhelming once you actually experience it (was I underwhelmed by the Wii when we got home with it).

You don't really deserve a rebuttal.

It's like the PSP vs the DS. They're both different systems, while the DS excels at being different via it's touch screen and it's large variety of handheld games and games that play like a hand held. While the PSP excels at offering a console like experience in your hands (or super supped up Gameboy versus Tiny PS2). They're so different in their offering there's no right or wrong and there's no it's better than the other because they're both so different.

13. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Really?Ps3 is technically as good as PC(gamer's PC)?What i meant was technical advancement,like the introduction of HDR,Rag Doll physics,etc..not offering.

14. lampslammer

If there is no scoreboard how do we determine the debate? I agree thats what a debate is, and is what we are doing. but this is a poll as well as a debate and polls have a scoreboard.

well were starting to argue instead of speculate. They're all good machines, i'm just passionate about the subject cause im a game freak.
    good debate

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

To be honest, I don't really care.

If this topic included PC, I'd be inclined to respond to your post. But no one mentioned the PC, no one mentioned hype surrounding the cell processor and no one really mentioned the introduction of anything.

If you want to say something else irrelevant, once again (like you do in every topic) feel free to do so, but don't expect replies.

You don't need a scoreboard to keep track, you judge this by the quality of post. Basing this off logical reason and how good each point is in that specific post in context. Most topics in the debate board (that are legit debates) don't have a scoreboard.

16. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Well, i'm not saying it hurts my wrist or anything, i just mean that it literally feels like a delayed button press, so there was no point in making it a "motion controlled" thing for attacking, because it doesn't feel motion controlled at all.

17. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

The delay is barely significant at all. It's less than a second delay.

18. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

The delay is for accidental swings.

19. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

When you say extra money, it's really not that much. New PS3 and 360 games are $60. New controllers for both are $50. If you are going to talk about money, it generally adds up.

If you buy a new 360, it comes with 3 individual free months of membership. And when you add friends, even when you go back to Silver membership, you can talk to them in a Private Chat, or still send messages. You just can't play multiplayer online or buy things, but you can practically do everything else. It's not like a complete shut off.

Let's look at today's Best Buy prices:

PS3 Slim 120GB is $299
    PS3 Slim 250GB is $350
    Both have built-in WiFi, 1 Controller and Bluray.

Xbox 360 Arcade bundle is $199 (2 Games, no external hard drive, headset)
    Xbox 360 Elite 120GB is $299 (1 Controller, 2 games, headset)
    Xbox 360 Elite 250GB (Splinter Cell/FFXIII Edition) $399 (Game and 2 Controllers, headset, free netflix trial)
    - Xbox 360 Halo 3 Edition (Which I have, came with a play and charge)

You do NOT need to buy a Wireless Router for the 360, they all come with Ethernet cables. Ethernet cables are cheaper than the router also.

When I debate about these things, I don't care about power or what it can handle. They both play video games and little bit more. That's like comparing Pepsi and Coke. Sure, they are different, but they are both sodas. And you're arguing what is made up inside them. About 90% of the world don't even care what is inside them.

I STILL like the PS3, the 360 is just better in my opinion. No, not because of the games. No not because of the specs or power. It's the experience. If you own one and if your friends own one, you will definitely be playing it more.

I still think it's unfair to argue something you don't own. Sure your friends have had one, THEY might've had problems, but you haven't experienced any of it. All my friends have had Red Rings once. And just once. Some of us had warranty, so it was free to get a new one. Mine didn't have warranty because my 360 got RRoD after two years of no problems. (Out of all my friends, two of my friends have Elites, 1 other friend has a Halo 3 Edition, 3 have the 60GB that just came out last year, and all the rest have 360's since it came out). And when I did get RRoD, I just payed $100, and they sent it in 2 weeks and they gave me free membership and 1600 microsoft points.

People think $20 is like hardest thing to get. If you have a decent job, you can get that in two hours or so. I don't go by the scoreboard because most of those votes are ignorant. Like previous someone said "I voted PS3 because I've never touched the other two".

The debate is PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii.

On a recent top 25 consoles of all time, I think it was on GamesRadar.com PS3 got 15th and the 360 got 5th. The PS2 got 2nd. Which is completely true. The PS2 > PS3 and 360. I think Wii got 7th.

All my friends have Wiis. But do we play it? No. We all got Wiis when it came out, or the Christmas of that year. We all beat Twilight Princess, we all got Brawl and that's pretty much it. We could barely play Brawl online so we just stopped. Some of us got other games to play by ourselves for a bit, but we beat them, and had nothing else to do. I put mine in my closet, I'm waiting for the next Zelda or Metriod game. I didn't like Galaxy that much, it's not the same Mario I grew up playing. My sister got a NES and SNES when I was little and Mario was pretty much all I played. I loved 64, Paper Mario and Sunshine. But Galaxy was just an eh to me. I did like the Wii though, a lot for the first year. I mean, I don't hate it, there's just nothing for me to play at the moment, I'm considering renting SMG2 and just beating it. I don't want to sit by myself in front of the TV not talking to anyone and just beat a game and then put it away and never play it again (Twilight Princess...even though it was well worth playing it)

20. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

There are more Ps3 owners than i thought lol. Anyway I agree that XBox is better in some ways but the fact of the matter is that if PS3 had the same internet capabilities as the Xbox it would blow Xbox out the water. Im just sayin.