1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo DS Lite screens suddenly started to flikker and stop working, please help.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by CoolKill3r, Nov 18, 2016.

1. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

As the title states, here is the problem happening in detail:

I was playing Pokemon Black 2 on my Nintendo DS Lite and was doing some event (black tower)
    During the gameplay the screen suddenly started to flikker below under and above top lightly both below in the screen. (i SUSPECTED this was the game because of the item i already had unlocked using a cheat)
    meanwhile the little flickering when getting the item ingame started to give me bars in my screen, more and more and eventually seeying almost only white bars with little stripes of the game, i saved and turned off the device.

Now turning it on the device eiter boots normally or shows screen half good half not and eventaually get white.
    During the boot i also hear static, wich gets less after the intro tune.
    The touchscreen is still working.
    Loading a game results in movements of bars and eventually showing this:
    https://i.gyazo.com/f363f10c76322bc49d6236d3e9298c0d.jpg

This surely isnt because of the game right? for anyone who played pokemon black, i unlocked the white city key using a cheat, but exactly at the point ingame when i should get this key, it started to flicker and get bad, bad coincidence?

Please help, thank you.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  2. CoolKill3r

PS, few minuts before it happend i did blow hard below the left L-button, cus it often doeesnt click nicely.

3. CoolKill3r

EDIT:
    I opened up my ds and saw that there was a sliiiight black spot on my LCD cable going to the top screen, i cleaned this off and put everything back, now it actually works again.

Well now i never know to blow in my L button again haha, there is a liitttle black stripee in the lower screen, probally damage i caused, but im happy it works again.

thx all.

4. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

It seems you solved it own your own.

Anyways im glad that i was able to help you :p

CoolKill3r likes this.
  5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

But...but... that's the only way to get our L and R shoulder buttons workin on our NDS lol, ez fix right. My R has been dead for a while and L responds sometimes when i blow into it hard enough, but it doesn't 50% of the time. I've been considering opening my nds up to clean out the shoulder buttons but i dunno, what if i messed the other stuff up in the process.

6. CoolKill3r

Had to take the motherboard completely out with little attachments, getting the top screen attached again was a hell lol.
    either way opening up should instantly reveal the L and R buttons, which are in with a spring, relatively easy to put back.

Dark Infernape likes this.