1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Old School PC Games!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuszion, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Fuszion

Fuszion Active Member

I know this isn't a PC game site, but I don't know where else to go, to get help with my question from a community that I trust as much as you fine people on this site! :D

I am trying to find some older PC games from the PS1/PS2 era that I can download!
    Now I am totally cool with paying for the games, but the problem is I am trying to find download versions of some games that were never officially released digitally on PC!
    Now I have found many sites that "claim" to have all these games and "claim" to be "safe", but I cant find or get any sort of confirmation from a trust worthy source or community whatsoever!
    Most sites wont even let me talk about this stuff! To be honest, I'm not sure what I am allowed to say here!

So does anybody here know where I can get the answers that I am looking for or have the answers yourself that you could help me out with?
    Some of the PC games I am looking for are, RE1,2 and 3, Silent Hill 2, Need for Speed High Stakes.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we don't allow discussion of illegal pc games here. For legal ones, I suggest you look at gog.com

Be aware that older games can often have issues running on newer PCs, especially on windows 10, though there are more than a few that wont even run on windows 7 due to the removal of the DOS subsystem.

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

GoG, brah.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Wasn't back in those days, PC games were mostly distributed through hard copies original & pirated? Because if my memory hasn't failed on me, high speed broadband was still a luxury and most would have to settle with using ridiculously sloth dial ups. I couldn't even afford the lowest broadband service over a lousy copper phone line. Back then, I would have to wait 4-5 hours just to download a Pokemon Diamond NDS from here, and an eternity for anything twice the size. Ohhh...yeah...walking down memory lane to the days when I had to seat hours waiting for files that today took me less than mere minutes to download.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes they were on discs then but GoG has a lot of them for purchase/download now.