1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Origin Introduces "On The House" - Get Games For Free

Discussion in 'General News' started by Dark Infernape, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, I meant the original theme park, the game that came before theme park world. It was a DOS PC game.

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Current FREE game is an absolute classic Gem everybody should get:

http://www.epicbundle.com/article/game-for-free-theme-hospital

If only "Hospital Tycoon" was any better I'd get that instead.

RFE - Addendum:

If you're getting "Theme Hospital" I highly recommend you also get "CorsixTH" which is a mod for the game which greatly optimizes the game for modern computers. And the game will run too without needing Origin too :)

CorsixTH ---> https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH/releases/tag/v0.40

4. Moonie

Moonie Member

Sweet thanks for telling about the site can finally buy dungeon keeper for a nice price, last price for DK1 that i saw was sold for 900Sek. :D

5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Game Currently Free: Theme Hospitalâ„¢

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Err, didn't see my earlier post did you :p

Incidentally, the game runs better on modern computers with CorsixTH installed.

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Speaking of CorsixTH, I'm using it to play on my android phone. Current latest version is v.0.7.2, free from the Play Store. But you will need to copy the entire Theme Hospital PC cd to your phone as well. Since the apk file act as the emulator, and the CD image as the rom. I like this sim game, couldn't get enough playing it over and over.

8. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Oh crap :p i didn't see that.

9. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Game Currently Free: Syndicateâ„¢ (1993)

10. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

11. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

12. ChrysalisArt

ChrysalisArt Well-Known Member

Plants vs. Zombies: Game of theYear Edition.. i like this games :)

13. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Sorry to necro-BUMP this thread...

But I finally decided to uninstall Origin and all of those awesome Free games I got from them. I just got fed up with Origin's "always online" requirement to play their games. None of the games I got from them, mostly PopCap games, The SIMs 2 and a few oldies like Theme Hospital, SIMCity 2000 and Red Alert, do not need an internet connection to play but what finally irked me was the fact Origin NEEDS to always connect to the internetz in order for it to launch, sad thing is most of the games I got from them REQUIRES you to first launch Origin BEFORE you can even play.

Steam is 10,000 light years better than stupid Origin for having an offline mode that automatically detects if you do have internet or not. Plus their Price adjustments for games based on a user's home region totally kicks ass!

Their game community forums suck ass though...

15. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Speaking of STEAM, I'm planning to sign up there for the sole purpose of buying a copy of RPG Maker MV software + add-ons. The whole package is a few dollars (base on conversion rate) cheaper than from its official website.

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Hit me up with a Friend invite once you're on there :)

And add loony and darkinfernape too, although his Steam username is Raiden now.

Also join the RomU Steam Group as well.

17. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

im still able to play origin games without ever connecting to the Internet.

But i do agree that steam is way better than origin.

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The SIMs 2 Ultimate Collection, SIMCity 2000 SE and Theme Hospital are the only three games I can play without Origin needing to launch and connect to the net.

19. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

May be its because of an update or something. I haven't connected my pc to Internet for couple of months so i haven't updated anything lately.

20. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I've never installed Origin, Ever! Lol :p I see the games for free, but didn't care much for the ones that were free. These guys can never catch upt0 Steam!

@Prectorian you on steam yet?