1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Original 3DS on fimware 9.2 need help to setup emunand questions

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by superfisher87, Aug 17, 2015.

1. superfisher87

superfisher87 Well-Known Member

guys i have a Original 3DS on firmware 9.2 need help to setup emunand and why I'm asking about this because I'm getting new 3ds next week what I'm do is use my Original 3DS for homebrew and gonna use the new 3ds for online and there are question's also i have back up my 9.2 firmware.

Question's

1.if i do downgrade to 4.5 do i have to back up that firmware too if i mess up like end up accidently update the system firmware that's means i have to hard mod it.

2.if your on 9.2 do you have to downgrade to 4.5 or is 9.2 OK.

3.do you have to format emunand when another launcher.dat comes out or do you just put launcher.dat not format emunand.

4.If emunand on latest firmware and another 3ds is on sysnand latest firmware can emunand transfer with sysnand or does two 3ds's have to be on emunand to do the transfer.

5.I got a friendlist but if i format system memory i will lose it and is there a way i don't lose it.

6.will all my game saves been corrupted if i format system memory and put the SD card in to create when it done separate sysNand from Emunand.

7.there's rxtools but does it separate sysNand from Emunand if i format system memory I ask about this because don't have any flashcard for the 3ds.

Sorry about the question's some could be rubbish.

2. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

no, as long as you have a backup of a firmware that can use gateway (im assuming you are going to be using gateway)

9.2 is fine to use, people just downgrade to 4.5 to use the ds profile exploit to get into gateway mode faster

no, you only need to format emunand once, and when you update emunand make sure too see if a new launcher.dat file has been released to support the new update

i dont understand the question

yes, i believe so

as long as you dont format emunand (or systemnand) your save games should be fine, just remember to backup your sd card before you do anything. however downgrading to 4.5 will corrupt some save games for that firmware (it should still work on emunand)

i have not used rxtools so i dont know

3. superfisher87

superfisher87 Well-Known Member

I was taking about 3ds transfer's something like this also gonna have emunand on latest fimware on my original 3ds and latest legit-sysnand firmware on new 3ds to do the transfer also topic is old it's Jan 11, 2015.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-xl-9-4-emunand-to-2ds-9-4-legit-sysnand-system-transfer.378322/

Post Merge: [time]1439943910[/time]