1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Plan to buy a 3DS, but I have a piracy question

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by SylentEcho, Mar 20, 2015.

1. SylentEcho

SylentEcho Active Member

Hi,

My friend is selling me his 3ds with a couple of games, but I have a question first before buying it.

Remember how the original DS and DSL had these flash carts called R4 (original) which would play just about everything and had a team that constantly made new kernels for them in order to play the new games?

Do we have something like that for the 3Ds? Would be able to download and play games that were released around 6-12 months ago? Like Street Fighter, Dragon Ball Z Heroes & other stuff like that?

Oh, and what about the 3DSXL?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks.

2. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

Yeah, there's the Gateway. Pretty simple to use once you've got everything set up, and you can play practically everything. You used to(?) have to be on a certain firmware to use it, and I think there's compatibility problems with the New3DS, so you might want to do a little research before you consider buying it.

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

You can, BUT guaranty you will run into alot of AP crap and some games wont work and other issues. On the flip side, you can always buy the games and play them on the 3ds you thinking of purchasing.

4. SylentEcho

SylentEcho Active Member

Thanks Nifl. I'll look into all of that. :)

@Blaze, ideally, I'd like to just download the games coz I spend cash on other hobbies like vintage comics and stuff like that. I'll buy a few of the ones I really like, but I'd like to download most.

5. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

if you want to use Gateway flashcarts then the console should be between (Firmware 4.1-9.2).

6. lcleong

lcleong Well-Known Member

there are no such thing as ap crap on 3ds game , i played all game if not most of the 3ds game up to date till finished without any problem at all , no freezing whatsover crap, mine is 3dsxl gateway3ds flashcart.. either u freezing is either ur microsd or sd card is the problem here.. i using class 10 and original sd card came with my 3dsxl