1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Point System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dunderpoodle, Jul 14, 2014.

1. dunderpoodle

dunderpoodle New Member

The point system on this site is one of the greediest and fraudulent tricks from a website. You force them to sign up to download a ROM/ISO. AFterwards, you tell tell them that they either need more points or to pay to download the file. It is not a good way to win against other rom competition. All the good ROM sites give away files for free, What's the dealio romulation?

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

1 MB = 1 Point. What's so greedy about that? Other sites impose more, some give points at sign up only to take it all back in the name of policy change. There are those that give less free points at sign up, and even less per 24 hours sign back in. Some even put a cap at how many you may download per day for free. While others demand you to sign up and click their 'Thanks' button just to see the links hosted elsewhere. Then there are those that lets you think you're downloading for free only to be bombardier with advertisements and ad-wares.

4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Seph likes money.

5. Prectorian

He does? I thought he only likes girls.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

For your benefit I've located and isolated your mistake.

7. Prectorian

You're implying 'he doesn't'?

8. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Man sometimes... He's applying I can like more than 1 thing at the same time. Which is true.

10. Prectorian

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Are you going to leave this argument to us?

12. Prectorian

Can't argue with a dude who spent 2500 points within minutes.
    Signed up at 02:58:12 AM, got mad at 03:03:50 AM.
    I bet he ain't coming back for some mores, so why bother.
    He ate the entire truck load of pies.
    Let's just smirk.

13. dunderpoodle

dunderpoodle New Member

I haven't spent them because the dang game I want needs more of them dang points.

14. Prectorian

That means you had intended to download a big file such as Wii or PS2 iso, one that's over 2.5 GB in size. Instead of foul mouthing the forum, you should have asked nicely about the point system and how you can get more to fulfill your intention. In fact you should have read the policy and term of use before signing up as member in any sites you go to. If you find it unacceptable, don't sign up. Doing what you did, you're only going to get negative responses anywhere you go. Some other sites would have instantly expel you for doing what you did.

Most if not all sites will impose caps on their larger file archive, this to control bandwidth allocation for all members. Those large files can be said as their "PREMIUM" product. You got to earn it if you want it, and that don't come cheap nor will it be easy. Either you wait patiently by signing back to the site every 24 hours until your points accumulate enough or you pay to be premium for limited time.

Look, getting 2500 points at first sign up is huge; that's roughly 2.5 GB worth of files you can grab. Most sites don't give that much, I know of 1 site with impressive collection only gives 1GB worth at sign up, to get more you have to pay or exchange with bitcoins. Then there's another site where you get less than 2.5GB worth of file points at start only to be revoke to near zero in the name of policy change, even paying to be premium there tend to see you losing that unlimited download privilege because of sudden change in policy even before your premium membership expires. You'd be stomping WTF if you'd experience that. And if you look at the points you stand to get for every 24 hours signing back in here (250 points), getting 2500 at start is the same as 10 days worth of regular signing back in every 24 hours. Consider this matter equivalent to playing a game, where you've to be patient and work your way until you get enough to acquire something within it.

But if you're one gamer who's very impatient and tend to choose to cheat rather than work from bottom up (which I think you are), then I'd suggest you trouble yourself digging around Google for some free floating links. In most cases usually the files would either be partial or contaminated or even dead. But that's what you'd get for absolutely free. Big files isn't easy to find free, the uploader puts lots of effort getting it dumped to the internet, they would want something in return for the trouble. Even if you think it's given away free, you'd be clicking banners and adverts, which is rigged to earn them money and potentially contain ad-wares, Trojans, and virus.

jr42094 likes this.
  15. Ianderp262659

Ianderp262659 New Member

Preach, bro!
    (Side note, I also blew all my points in a few minutes, but I didn't even notice points existed. I do now, and I think i'm gonna get a 1 month premium to download some Wii Isos that i'm too lazy to wait for like Xenoblade Chronicles. (Jesus that game is big aughh))

16. Pikmania

Pikmania Member

I've found the point system here to be more generous than other similar sites.

17. wiiguyfoff

wiiguyfoff New Member

I concur with Pikmania.

18. Vaev

Vaev New Member

The point system is not greedy, it's fair. The premium only lock until the end of the month—that's greedy. I have 54,000 points and all I want is to download Ehrgeiz :(

19. Prectorian

1 point = 1 MB
    PSX Ehrgeiz 438.4MB = 438 points
    You have 54000 point
    After download PSX Ehrgeiz = 53 562 points left.

* The max point amount per regular member is 50000. Anyone having more that that is because of the old point system. So until your point dips below 50000, it will not increase. Also if you subscribe premium for 1 month, of cause it will end after 30 days.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It's not greedy. We ran out of transfer allowance and had to do it or we'd have have had to pay hundreds of dollars in overage charges. it was only locked for 3 days. This is the first time we've ever had to do it and should be the last.