1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Point update rate

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mkmeister1, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Mkmeister1

Mkmeister1 New Member

Before I start this, I can say that I like the point system. Upload screenshots, get points. Earn extra points for logging on. This gives you something to work towards which I really like. At first I was gonna say, why not update points as they happen, like maybe when you uploaded a screen shot. You would get your points there and then. But that could easily be exploitable as someone could upload a bunch of screenshots and get a bunch of points easily which would be cheating the system. So I may get hate for asking this, I don't know, it may sound reasonable to some people. But, would it be possible change the point update rate from 24 hours to 12 hours or something like that? I was gonna say 6, but that still may be pushing it. So I am just going to leave it at 12 hours. Therefore, it updates twice a day instead of once a day (I am not saying that we should get the 250 points twice a day, just saying that other points like screenshots should be updated every 12 hours). People could get their games a little bit sooner because they could post more screenshots within the 12 hours instead of waiting 24 hours for their points, but it wouldn't be constant points either. I would personally like that, not sure about what others think. But you guys reading this post, comment on what you think about my suggestion.

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

Screenshots are approved manually so that's why they don't usually get you points right away.

I'm not in a position to decide for your request but I did just clear through the screenshots at the time of this post so that should be updated if nothing else.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You must have nothing else to do today. :p

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

*shrugs*

I'll grant I'm not terribly active anymore but I still do that on occasion.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Points for screenshots are not added automatically at a set time, they're added as and when an admin or mod goes through and approves the screenshots. There's absolutely no connection to the automatic points every 24 hours.

6. Mkmeister1

Mkmeister1 New Member

Thank you all for telling me about the screenshot point system. Thought it was with the 24 hour point thing. I will delete this forum post if I can.

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

No need to delete this topic, no reason to. At least now you understood the point system around here. Which is good too, as new members could learn something from your question, things that they might be wondering about themselves but dare not ask/suggest like you did.
    At least you're unlike some people who first signed up and then chooses to post abusive remarks after finding something that doesn't fit their expectation without trying to first understand the mechanism and principle reasoning behind it.