1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Gates to Infinity, Streetpass when Alive

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Lephantome92, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

so a couple times now, i've gotten street passes on PMD when i was still alive, shown by the green dot. however, when i actually die, i'm not greeted with the option to be revived. does this part only work if you get streetpass data when you're dead, so you can't stockpile when alive?
    i'm in the dungeon you get to when the glacier palace is floating. i keep getting killed at the boss battle with munna, chandelures, and boldores, despite using items. i've done resetting w/out saving, and that didn't help. because of the part i'm at, i can only have emolga, virizion, and pikachu and oshawott (my starters). i also am working on doing companion mode to level up, but that's going rather slowly.
    if there is any way to use the streetpass data from when my character was alive, how do i do it?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I think what you meant to say was, "does this part only work if you get streetpass data when you're alive, so you can't stockpile when dead?"

Although I don't have a 3DS, I don't think at current there's any solution to this inquiry. You should look into what 'streetpass' purpose is for and how it function in the game, how your character when alive interacts/role in that mode. I think knowing those would plainly explain logically whether you can or can't acquire something via streetpass when your character is dead.

3. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

the way streetpass works is this: one of the items you can find is a reviver seed, which can bring you back to life at a time of need. at a certain point in the game, you get access to "passerby post", where you can put reviver seeds to share via streetpass. because of this, when you die in a mystery dungeon, you have the option to activate streetpass to ask for help from players who were generous enough to put a seed in their passerby post. if you pass one of them, you will come back to life, and not need to restart the entire dungeon. unfortunately, i can't find pages detailing the feature better than i have.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Neither could I, but thanks for the explanation. I should assume that the streetpass sole purpose is for getting help to revive your dead character, thus means you'd earn that revival seed once per 'killed'.