1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Of course it does! It works for me.

2. aussiedragon975

aussiedragon975 Active Member

does it translate moves

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Yes, it does. It's been such a good translation so far, and it hasn't even been 24 hours since the release of the rom.

So far, thinga that I've noticed translated are:

- Items
    - In game menu
    - Attack moves
    - Pokemon names

There probably are more, but they're what I've noticed so far.

4. aussiedragon975

aussiedragon975 Active Member

update r4i freezes at rt 30 will try freeze patch

5. zeyad477

zeyad477 Member

download this emulator:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CC0G0FOH

** again the Patched Rom:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TAL0Q94

-Extract the emulator's files to a whole new folder.
    -Extract and put the PATCHED ROM ** in encrypt folder .
    -Run NO$GBA 2.6a
    -It has been tested over a hundred times so hopefully ,enjoy

6. HankHill

HankHill New Member

I don't know if that has been asked before, but is there a fix for Mac users? I name my character, Prof.Oak sends me to the Pokemon world, and the screens go black. I've even tried using two different patches. First one I tried, I had to press F11. But The F11 keys on the Mac and Windows do different things. Then I found a fix for the black screens in another forum, but that one didn't work either.

I've tried using DeSmuMe too. The only problem running the game on that for me is that it's too slow.

...Nothing? :-[

7. omnimon177

omnimon177 New Member

I'm having problems with my DSTT. When I access the file on my DS, patched or not, it freezes when the DSTT starts loading the .nds file. Anyone else with a DSTT? Any ideas at all?

Edit: Tried the first patch listed again and it worked for Soul Silver.

Edit: Translation Patch's .exe file won't run on my computer. Is there something I need to download to run the patcher?

8. Splitzor

Splitzor New Member

Alright. I have a question.
    Alright. This was the first of my failed experiments to work... and now, it won't save. :C I'm highly frustrated right now, seeing as I spent nearly two hours to get all of my other failed tries to work. D: Anyone know why it would not be saving? The .sav file appears in the BATTERY folder, however no$gba seems to not even recognize the fact that it's even there. Any idea why this may be, or how to fix this?

Thanks. :3 You guys are all awesome, as well, for working so hard to try and help everyone out.

9. anthony001

anthony001 Member

i seem to get black screen quite often i tried using the link above but no luck the game still froze.
    when i tried this there was something like windows cannot open file but i clicked cancel and the dos box said something about succesfully patched the game. Is this only for no$gba?

anyone here solved the black screen problem(exit/entering a menu/house causew black screen for me)

10. EsoNights

EsoNights New Member

I downloaded the patch that came with the English patch and the black screen and freezing patch.
    However, when I try to open it and then put the options. There's a notice saying that I need two BIOS files. And then when I press OK the ROM file crashes with that fatal error.

So yeah, any help?

EDIT: And yes I do have no$GBA 2.6a.

11. Rob50246

Rob50246 Member

Okay since so many people are still having problems with this here is a file i have uploaded, it contains the no$gba emulator, all the bios files needed and all the correct settings to run it without the BSOD, and the soul silver ROM, pre-patched with the translation patch, freeze patch, and BSOD patch. Also contains my save file from a couple of hours into the game, which you can just overwrite if you wish. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WIXS0M4X

12. sp-ky

sp-ky Active Member

I downloaded the pokefix and the freeze patch but the game is still freezing (less than before) any suggestions? (using NO$GBA) please send me a link to a patch because I don't want to download the games again

13. PokeAaron

PokeAaron New Member

You=rule!

14. costas94

costas94 Member

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!It works ;D ;D ;D.Thanks ChangeJD for the patched version.It works perfectly;no BSOD, no graphical errors and the most important it saves NORMALLY(Damn,my Cindaquil fainted,stupid Pidgey).You guys should try this and the English patch.And again THANKS A LOT CHANGEJD!!!

15. bryancool055

bryancool055 New Member

Tried it, but my game still crashes with me using a flash cart.The patched rom only gave a white screen everytime I run it. Btw, I am using a EDGE flash cart with the latest firmware (1.45) ...I am really looking forward to a person's advice which can solve my problem..thanks in advance!

16. costas94

costas94 Member

This a patch for No$gba2.6a ONLY.If you are using a flash cart you should download this one

https://www.romulation.org/files/pokemon_gold_silver_patch.rar

17. bryancool055

bryancool055 New Member

Can you please explain me how to use the EXE that you've posted.
    Post Merge: [time]1252667358[/time]
    The exe failed to fix my problem.

18. sp-ky

sp-ky Active Member

what's up with this game not always saving! sometimes it says it saved but it really doesn't

19. ChangeJD

ChangeJD Well-Known Member

I ran into this too, so here is what I do. I'm running NO$GBA:

Save the game.
    Go to "File"
    Go to "Cartridge Menu (File Name)"
    Click on my Soul Silver game.

So basically, after I save the game, I restart the emulator. It is better to do it this way, because if you hit restart, the rom can crash. I haven't had any problems doing it like this.

20. IceColdKiller

IceColdKiller Well-Known Member

Better Download Desmume: http://sourceforge.net/projects/desmume/files/desmume/0.9.4/desmume-0.9.4-win32.zip/download (for windows). i play without problems and full speed on my normal-very good computer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.