1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HeartGold Rom Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NomekoP, Aug 23, 2015.

1. NomekoP

NomekoP New Member

First Post WooHoo!

Hey guys, I get that I'm way behind on this information, but I am just getting onto the ROM scene and downloaded HeartGold for my DeSmuMe emulator. I downloaded two different versions and suffered the same problem from both. First time I got passed the first gym and was on my way to the second gym when my top screen went black, then I tried a different rom and it did the same thing after I had about 3+ hours of play time and made it to the 3rd gym. Again, this was just my top screen and it works when I go into the menu or anything else, just not when I am attempting to walk around, (super weird). I tried a dozen different cheat codes I found online including two from here and it didn't fix it.

Please help :( I just wanna catch them all...

2. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

There are timing issues with HeartGold and SoulSilver that completely fuck up the game. Unfortunately they occur on all emulators. Patches and fix codes won't help.
    All you can do is save your game more frequently, use a flashcard or buy the original game card.
    Well, you could also just wait until emulator devs fix the issue. But I guess that won't happen in the near future.

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

according to desmume and people on several forums, POKEMON games on ds MAY NOT work. its more of take a chance as you go. I use no$zoomer and havent had any issue so far. remember this, save often, use different version of emulators, and pray that it doesnt keep happening. also i recommend desmume 0.9.9 as i havent had any issues either. Fyi i also got my dump from the forum page patch, but i dont believe it is still around.