1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HG/SS (Original AP Patched) (USA/EUR)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jhon 591, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

You should read the emulators compatability at its official site... if it says the game works perfectly and If your game crashes or it doesnt save or load data, black screens or other issues etc etc the its the roms fault..

2. devilsin

devilsin Member

ok so its best to use clean ROM and if rom needs AP patch the emulator will have it built in? I use drastic emulator for android and only use it to play pokemon games

3. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Dude just use a clean rom and play it on ur emulator... if it stops workin, then you can worry about it...

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Playing on an under developed nds emulator for android is bound to face issues, especially since most newer roms after rom no. 4000+ contain AP protection. Probably use patched rom to play it. The current nds emulator for android probably contain very limited pre-installed AP bypass data, so you might want to try patching the rom yourself using DS-Scene Rom Tool on your computer before playing it on the android. If it doesn't help, then abandon the android's emulator, and play on nds emulator for PC instead; such as DeSmuMe or No$GBA. Just so you guys know, HG/SS, BW1, and BW2 all contain AP protection; mostly related to white/black screen and no experience point gain. Either way, if you can't get it working on the android, just uninstall it and wait until the emulator is better made.

It can't be the rom's fault. Blame it on an under developed emulator for android for not being able to bypass the AP protections contained in the rom. Even if the emulator says it's compatible with 'bla..bla..bla.. games", there still another factor in play. Which is the android phone's specs especially processor speed and available memory space. Some phone brand even if it run android OS running same API version, may differs in performance from 1 brand to the other. Some can run X apps fine, while others when tried to run X apps crashes or hanged or lagged. Thus even if the apps is stated as compatible when shown on Google Play Store for your android phone's API version, it may actually not be, as again the store listed it compatible based on the API version in the phone. Not necessarily based on the phone's hardware spec and available memory space left.

5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

See devilsin, theres your answer!
    Thanks prectorian for clearing this up...

6. devilsin

devilsin Member

thank you guys very much for explaining that to me. now i understand better. much appreciated!

7. Talib

Talib Member

Hi,
    I have big problem, please help me.
    I downloaded ROM with first post and emulator No$gba v2.7b. When I want to load the game after 4th gym, i see ROM IMAGE HAS CRASHED :(
    What should I do?

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I think they is a glitch at that point in the game vr no$gba so I know, Got nothing to do with the AP fix, Maybe you could ask someone to use you save to bypass the part on real DS, and reupload your save after this.

I'm out on this game.

9. Talib

Talib Member

So who can help me?

10. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You can try playing the game on latest DeSmuMe emulator, if your save file hasn't become corrupted by that point. Or find someone who own an NDS console, who can loan you theirs to try continuing the same file on their cartridge. Otherwise, no one can.

11. Jhon 591

Backup the original save in battery folder, use a copy of it.

rename with file extention enabled .sav to .dsv use in DeSmuMe battery folder, once played and bypass the part, reverse the saves .dsv to .sav , put back into no$gba battery folder.

But remember to keep your original save file as backup, in case it don't work.

12. Talib

Talib Member

Doesn't works :((
    File in DeSmuMe have 512kB, in NO$GBA only 155kB ;/ If copy a file to desmume, it will automatically change it to 512kb... DeSmuMe can't see my save.

If anyone can show me how to properly configure the NO$GBA?
    http://zapodaj.net/effa3932f7797.jpg.html

13. Jhon 591

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

rename save to .sav , Convert to R4 format http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

Try with no$gba.

Got nothink to do with settings.

Are other way.

Keep saves on Auto, not 512 .

14. Talib

Talib Member

Doesn't works again :(

This is my original save, maybe you can do this? Please try :)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/j00g20

15. Jhon 591

Maybe someone can for you ?, Needed to get a fresh copy of this game, but not doing on a limited data mobile network, I'll try tomorrow on a public network :) , Are maybe I can use my niece laptop, at her mums place tomorrow they got WIFI .

If no one can, will do so for then .

Need to register my new 2DS there on WIFI, So can get some free Mini Games are Demos ;)

16. Jhon 591

Trying to work out where the 4th gym is ???

17. Talib

Talib Member

Ecruteak City :D Leader uses ghost Pokemon.

18. Jhon 591

!lol

Get to the second guy in gym and goes back to start, Small rounded lights on each man .

19. Talib

Talib Member

I beat the leader of the 4th gym. Check if you can play continues. Go to Olivine City :D

20. Jhon 591

My give up.