1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HG/SS (Original AP Patched) (USA/EUR)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jhon 591, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Talib

Talib Member

Maybe one day I will succeed finish this game. Thank you for help, your time and commitment.

p.s.
    Sorry for my english, i know it is not my strong point. I hope you understand me ^^

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Maybe best to get hold of a real DS are DS lite an R4.

Get as cheap are 20 pound these days for Original DSes . are 40 pound for a DS lite , R4 can get online for like 13 pound with 2GB microSD .

Pre-owned.

Yes it is the Emulation that has had a known Issues with what you where having this problem is, as games was running to fast, Emulation is not perfect .

Anyway Np ;)

3. RainThunder

RainThunder Member

Your save is fine as far as I can tell. I've tried loading it with DeSmuME 0.9.8 and No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 (in Jhon591's Full Package here: http://www.mediafire.com/?js0l3kmi9pxigiu), both of them load your save without any problem. I can see your shiny Charmeleon in your save :D. I also have tried with No$GBA 2.6a and it cannot load your save (black screen).
    Here is your save file that saved in front of the PokeCenter in Olivine City: https://www.mediafire.com/?uw9ilyqu7kyw7v2. You can try this save file with No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 in the link mentioned above.

4. pueblo

pueblo New Member

Hey, I just wanted to share some information with you guys.

Using NDS Lite (USG-001) and original R4 card with Wood R4 V1.62 (8-12-2013) kernel I've noticed only one problem. After some time, while it worked perfectly good, game freezes after you click on "BAG". The first time it happened to me, I simply googled a bit and found AP Patched rom. I've attached a renamed save file to it and it worked ok. The bag was accessible again and game froze no more. But, after few hours of game play, the bag problem returned. So I googled some more and downloaded DS-Scene Rom Tool v1215, updated it, and manually patched clean rom with Rudolfs patch. Replaced rom, renamed save and it again all worked well. and again, after few hours, the same problem came back again.

After that I just downloaded a File Manager for NDS, uploaded few identical SS roms to my mSD card and properly renamed the save file via File manager on DS. In all this time I also learned to save the game regularly and check for "bag error" (aka save before checking bag :D ) so I don't screw up my game :) And if the game freezes, I just rename the save file to another rom.

I hope this will help. And if anyone has something to comment, please do :)

5. bellagoth

bellagoth New Member

Thanks for the links, played for an hour on my r4 and so far no freezing/ black screen :)

6. johndoejohn

johndoejohn New Member

Hey, so this is 2018 and I am sitting in front of my New Nintendo 3DS XL with CFW (Custom Firmware).
    When trying to play a clean rom on it (using DsiMenu++ because TWLoader is discontinued) I get a black screen around 15 minutes into gameplay.

Unfortunately none of the links posted here (on all 17 pages) with a patched rom is working (the links are broken).
    Is anyone having a patched Heart Gold and Sould Silver - (EU) to share ^__^ ?

I will try to find a patch code myself (not an AR alias Action Replay code) and patch the roms with this guide: here.
    Not sure if this will work out. So if you have a source where someone explains how he got it working that would be awesome!

PS. There are sources how peeps are using TWLoader and Mario Kart DS as a "donor game" but again, TWLoader is discontinued and the DSiMenu++ does not offer to set a "donor game" thus those tutorials didn't help ^__^.

Have a great sunday!
    JohnDoeJohn

EDIT:
    It worked! I downloaded clean versions (German) here:
    *links circumcised*

And downloaded the Patcher here:
    https://forum.romulation.net/threads/patching-ds-roms-ap-and-translations.59991/

And all I had to do is select the clean .nds file, make sure that "Apply AP Patch" is checked on the Export tab and click export. Save the new .nds file and use THAT for playing!

Already played way further than the last 3 times where I got black screens!

handsupanime likes this.
  7. PokeGirl5

PokeGirl5 New Member

I also had troubles loading it with a ROM to later find that there are different versions of the ROM. If you still have problems this worked for me.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018