1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HG/SS (Original AP Patched) (USA/EUR)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jhon 591, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Re: Pokemon HG/SS (USA) - (100% Patched Final)

Maybe a miss read/wright error while copying to micro SD chip, second time could have fixed it.

2. amazan

amazan New Member

I was so happy that everything was working fine. I got to the ghost tower and it froze on the first trainer I encountered...

How do I prevent it from freezing? I saved it right when I talked to the trainer so it's basically frozen there... so I gotta restart all over again T_T

EDIT: I'm using DeSmuME x64.

3. Jhon 591

You could try the no$zoomer are no$gba, but just copy / paste your save file from the Battery folder into the no$gba Battery folder, also rename it with .sav from .dsv

4. amazan

amazan New Member

There was no battery folder that came with the no$zoomer and no$gba.

and I'm confused. Am I supposed to open no$zoomer or no$gba?

I'm willing to restart if no$zoomer/no$gba guarantees no crash :O

5. Jhon 591

It should self create one on launch of the emulator.

But here is a full package with helpfull tools and bios/firmware

http://www.mediafire.com/?js0l3kmi9pxigiu

6. amazan

amazan New Member

It worked well the first time. When I ran it again, it said that the rom-image has crashed....
    lol?
    and can i speed up the game by any chance?

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Did you made sure to 'SAVE No$GBA Settings' under the No$Zoomer option after setting up as shown on page 1?

8. Jhon 591

Toying around with all the settings is the best way to learn ;) ^^

Yep thats also one prectorian ;D

9. amazan

amazan New Member

I got it to work. Thanks :)

But another question.. can i speed up the game by any chance? like how you can press tab on desmume to speed it up?

10. Prectorian

Try toggling the EXTRA (EX), and various No$GBA settings to their FAST option, and might want to close some background programs running on your computer. But be pre-warned that doing so might cause your playing progress be lost/corrupted or even could cause errors.

11. Jhon 591

^^ No sadly martin gave up his no$gba years ago, So nether anymore updates for more speed :'(

I dought we will even see a newer version.

Now he onto a no$psx emulator after all this time ::) , he could do better then that PS2 at lest ;D

12. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Why would anyone make another ps emulator considering pcsx2 and psx. they both working really good.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

for the experience of making it, and the skills learned in the process.

14. elij48

elij48 New Member

hi. im new here and i just want to ask that why is that i keep on downloading it and keep getting a .rar.exe file??

-edit
    nvm. i keep on pushing the big download button. Im stupid ;D

15. beamer159

beamer159 New Member

I was using the ROM provided here with no$zoomer, but this error occurred with 5 minutes of gameplay. I switched over to DeSmuME and was able to play for two and a half hours before the same glitch occurred.

[​IMG]

16. Prectorian

I don't think much can be done when it comes to graphical glitches.
    You could try to 'play around' with the settings/options related to graphic/image/rendering.
    Maybe it might help reduce the issue. Otherwise, bear with it since emulators aren't perfect duplicate of the real console.
    It got it's limitations.

17. Jhon 591

By walking in and out of doors should correct it now and then.

no$zoomer for no$gba should correct it using some of the EX options.

@prectorian

Got it in one ;)

18. joejoejrshab

joejoejrshab New Member

So, I just started playing HG (A clean copy, xenophobia's dump) on DeSmuME ( 0.9.8 ) for streaming, and got to the point where you leave the starting city for the second time, and Lyra is supposed to introduce you to how to catch pokemon. At this point, she walks away, and I just stood there. The game is still running, music is perfectly fine, animation is fine, but all the touchscreen options are locked out, and I can't move. I've stopped my stream atm, and I'm keeping the emulator running in case there's a way to salvage it (I hadn't saved up to that point.)

Anyways, is there any way to salvage the run, or should I just restart? And whats the optimal setup at the moment? I've seen a couple of people saying that DeSmuME has no issues running the game, but that's clearly not the case. And I'm guessing just setting up firmware and bios and stuff wouldn't fix the issue.

So yeah, I'd appreciate every bit of information I need to get the game running as stable as possible. Thanks.

Edit: Incase you'd like to see what happens, since I was streaming, here's the recording of it.
    I can't link it, but if you search "joejoejrshab twitch", and find my channel page (3rd google result for me), it should be the first link in the previous broadcasts. The "freeze" happens at around 1:03:20

19. beamer159

beamer159 New Member

Regarding the weird graphical glitch I mentioned earlier, I have played for a total of 12 hours now, and I have only had that error occur once more. Saving and restarting the game fixes the problem (unfortunately, walking through doors makes the whole screen black), and it happens so seldomly that it's a non-issue in my book. However, the freezing that occurred before your patch was not acceptable for me, so I thank you for patching the rom to fix that problem. No other errors here, keep up the awesome work!

20. Jhon 591

You could try latest builds of DeSmuME

http://www.emucr.com/search/label/NDS?&max-results=12