1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon White 2 on CycloDS Evolution

Discussion in 'Cheats & Hints' started by ajijic1987, Jun 29, 2014.

1. ajijic1987

ajijic1987 New Member

Hi, I think my case might be a little bit tricky. I have a CycloDS Evolution on my DS Lite with the beta 7 firmware (which is the last that came out I believe, before the card was abandoned). I managed to get an AP patched Pokemon White 2 rom to work on the card, and what I think is the latest user.evocheats file which supposedly contains codes for White2/Black2.

The game itself loads and works fine, but when I try to turn on cheats, the card tells me that there are no codes for the game. I think this is because the AP patch makes the card detect it as a different game. To make matters worse, the only computer I have access to for the next several months is a very old iBook G4, so many of the programs that I might be able to use to figure out a solution won't run.

There was another topic on this matter, but I did not want to necro that thread, and all the links provided to mirrors had already expired http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=60279.1975. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You could fair better if you've access to a computer running Microsoft Windows, as there's a program called R4CCE (find it using Google Search) that will allow you to edit the .evocheat file. Assuming the .evocheat uses the same action replay codes as the usrcheat.dat or cheat.dat. Then you could copy whatever code you need over to your own .evocheat file. But if you're stuck with that computer/tablet of yours, then I'm afraid not much could be done thus why no one steps forward to offer help.