1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP or NDS

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Adnan1992, Jun 15, 2007.

?

What is better?

1. PSP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nintendo DS/ DSi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both are level

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

What are peoples favorite. NDS or PSP.
    I am NDS fan. MAinly the gaming option. Lots of its games are anime based and anime RULES!!

2. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

Definately nds as it has touch screen and some very good classics =D

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I've actually only tried the PSP, but I could imagine that the NDS would be more fun due to the touchscreen.

4. The touchscreen on the nds seems a bit gimmike to me,
    But is fun with some stategy games, the two screens they have made better
    use of than I thought they would (its handy having a map or stats on one of the screens)
    The psp is the more visually appealing what with that widescreen and better graphics,
    But really not much in the way of rpg's and Im an rpg fan.
    (although it can play psx games and thats awesome)
    I'd say NDS takes the cake when I think of all the rpg and rpg/strategy games.

5. Adnan1992

Wehey, Thats cool. the varaity in NDS is the best. Mainly coz I'm I pokemon fan :-X I also love strategy games like Advance Wars. That ROCKED! ;D

6. ultra

ultra Guest

nds because it has a longer battery life then the psp. in a ds lite, i'm able to last like 12+[maybe 15-16 hours] hours on the lowest lighting setting and the charge takes about 3 hours to get a full charge.

the gameplay on the ds is changed in some ways and it's a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing. metroid prime hunters and bionicle heroes on the ds using the touch screen as a mouse is awesome for fps but you'll need the thumb attachment to get the full benefit.

there are new ways of playing games, like in wario master of disguise.

the next ds will be greater then the current ds.

developers are okay with using the dual and touch screen, but eventually they'll start getting crazy ideas and you'll eventually see that it may become a standard for the future of handheld gaming. we've been designing games the old fashion way for too long which would explain why we can't fully think out off the box. but sooner or later, we will be out off the box and that's when you'll see the magic.

7. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Contrary to popular belief. The psp AND DS break easily.. I've treated my DS Lite like a FUCKING holy grail, and it already has two cracking spots!

DS FTW!

8. Adnan1992

Hmm, I think I'll get a protective case for the DS :-\

9. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

It was because of stress, on the joints (even thou I never opened it all the way) and on the Slot 2 opening.

10. Adnan1992

ha ha, Thats quite funny, I saw a ale on ebay for the top screen of ther NDS lite. It was about $50.

11. Khrene Cleaver

Khrene Cleaver New Member

My DS, was in perfect condition, well until the right joint broke, L and R buttons stopped working, and finally the top screen is just white now. At first I chose DS over PSP 'cause of better games and that I would use the movie/music option, and cause the PSP was more fragile than the DS (My DS took alot of falls before this stuff happened. The PSP wouls've broke after the 1st or 2nd).

Although now I think I might get a PSP because it can play emulators. This mean Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals on the go. =]

12. darkman

darkman Well-Known Member

You can get a top screen for the NDS for $19.00 at dealextreme. Not sure if it is for the lite or not. I know they have the lower screen for the NDS lite for $18.

I really like the DS because of the games are so much more appealing to me. The PSP has never had anything that drew my interest. I have had money on several occasions, but went for something else. I may still end up with one sooner or later simply because I like handheld gaming. And I really do need to add it to my collection of portable systems.

13. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I have both systems (DS and PSP) but I prefer the Nintendo DS for many reasons. It's definitely more fun to play, there's a larger variety of games, the R4/M3 + DS = pwnage and the lite looks really great. As for emulation, I'm working on getting my PSP firmware back to 1.5 from wherever it is now so I can get started in the emu scene. Nothing better to use my PSP for anyway. I need a Lumines (?) UMD, so if a video game rental store ever opens here... muahahaha.

I've had my DS Lite for a while now, never had a case, never will. It's never been dropped and doesn't have a single scratch. I've had my phat DS since shortly after it came out I think, no case, no scratches. Maybe I'm just careful with stuff, I don't know.

14. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

I Like Both:
    The PSP For The Great Graphics, Homebrew Scene And Able To Play PS1 Games On It
    The DS For The Touch Screen And The Classic Pokemon/Mario Games That You Cant Get On The PSP :p

15. animemike1

animemike1 New Member

NDS is better, hands down. Just the sheer.... Ninetendoness! Nintendo has a line of games that are fun no matter how old you are, not to mention the touch screen virtually eliminates limits on number of buttons. It also makes large menus much easier to handle.

PSP tries to shove pictures, music, video, and games into a single handheld; the result is a $250 price tag, movies that they stopped making for the PSP after about a year, and games that are mind-numbingly repetitive. Seriously, I've played football, basketball, soccer, hockey, street racing and every other generic game 20 times each on a platform. Putting them on a handheld doesn't make them any more fun/interesting.
    Switch to NDS: games, just games. Exactly what a handheld game system was meant for. If there's a game out there for you, the NDS will have it, and it will be fun to play, guaranteed.

16. hen

hen Active Member

It is quite difficult to judge which one is better but since I count the game system from the variety of games, I would choose the nds. After all, most of my favorite series did appear in Nintendo small wonder

17. Adnan1992

Yes AnimeMike! ;D. Nail on the forehead. :)
    (I wonder if i can find any blue prints for the new DS online)

18. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

I can honestly say that if I had a choice between PSP and DS, I would choose PSP. Reason being is that the PSP is more powerful than the DS and I can watch movies, surf the web and listen to music. Aside from those, I also have a wide variety of Emulators and Homebrew apps to choose from. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the PSP has 18 emulators including MAME and other computer ones. Not only does the PSP offer a good selection of titles now (sucked a few months ago), but I am able to play other games when I was a child. Old memories and new memories to be made. Good mixture. Sorry, I'm a sentimental person. :) I haven't really seen anything that would make me buy the DS. The only reason why I would buy a DS is for Zelda and Dynasty Warriors. If I had the money, I'd buy one instantly, but if I only had to choose one, PSP all the way.

19. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The DS does have some of those features, movies/music etc. Emulators for the DS includes GBA, GB SNES, NES etc. Also there's a thread in general about PC games such as money island and day of the tentacle on the DS. This alone merits it's purchases. :D

20. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

if i had to choose between those systems i'd choose nds. a lot of classic games are only for nintendo gaming consoles, like mario, wario, pokemon, zelda and others. nintendo works for the fun of the players and not for the realism. there are great advantages in the nds, like the touchscreen and the dual screens. however psp is more powerful and the most realistic games are there, like ace combat, metal gear solid and others. and there's the point of the battery, the battery of the nds is better than the psp's. plus, the nds supports games from gb, gbc and gba AND the games for nds obviously.