1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[PSX Console/ePSXe][Crash Team Racing] Button Combo Cheats Not Working?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by jermai, Dec 8, 2009.

1. jermai

jermai New Member

I've looked all over for the button combo for Penta Penguin and every site says the combo is:

1. At the main menu hold L1 + R1
    2. Press Down, Right, Triangle, Down, Left, Triangle, Up

I have tried this combo for an hour at different speeds but it doesn't work for me. I've tried other button combos but they don't work. I find it weird because Fake Crash's combo is:

Hold L1+R1 and press Circle, Down, Down, Up, Circle, Circle, Down, Left, Right

But when I try to do this combo, pressing the Circle button goes into the menu, so if "Time Trial" is highlighted, the Circle button will go into it and by clicking it twice it goes into a race. Are the L1 + R1 buttons supposed to keep you from entering the menu? Am I supposed to input the code before the main menu loads? I have tried this code with a burned backup on my PSX console and on ePSXe with no luck. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: My image file was incomplete, it seems it was missing more than just a cheat mode "L1 + R1", it was missing some graphics and sounds as well. To clarify in case somebody else has this same issue, holding down the "L1 + R1" buttons will prevent the cursor from moving and your button presses from going into the menu, in effect a "cheat mode", so if you are holding down the "L1 + R1" and you can move up and down the menu, you have a bad/incomplete image. I found another image file that worked just fine. I believe the one here at romulation is the incomplete one.

2. Gangrel

Gangrel Member

Yeah same here,but then i wondered. When I go to Gamewinners website,there's a message says "If you are playing
    the Platinium vesion of the game,you cannot use some cheats below". Then,the reason why we can't do the button
    combo cheats was it because we use the platinium version? I didn't know this game had different versions? What do
    you think?