1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[R4i RTS Gold 3DS] No roms working (corrupted DS Program file)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Boehmerjoe, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Boehmerjoe

Boehmerjoe Member

Hi it's me again.
    Because of the problems with my old R4DS Flash card I bought a new one, the R4i RTS Gold 3DS from Vartis Shop (Germany).
    Now I have the same problems again.
    The newest fw (Wood_R4iGold_V1.64) from the officially site of the card (www.r4ids.cn) is installed.
    My MicroSD (2Gb) was fully formatted (FAT32).

When I stick it into my NDSL it shows the normal Wood Interface. I browse to MicroSD and there are my Roms.
    All of them (Mario Kart,Pmon Pearl/Platinum/SoulSilver/Black2) except Pmon White2 are shown as corrupted files, while White2 gets stucked in Loading Screen ("Loading" turns red after a while).

Some of the roms are clean and some patched. Some are USA some EUR.
    I've never got a game to run.
    Tried to set up YSMenu as second fw too but its shown as corrupted too.

Greetings boehmerJoe

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Somehow I think you did something wrong. But I can't pinpoint what you did wrong. And I can't assist at this time until I get my computer fixed.

3. Boehmerjoe

Boehmerjoe Member

But I have no clue what i could have done wrong.
    Anybody else an idea?

4. Prectorian

It could be the problem. You probably didn't fully understood what to do. Let's start from the basic, by providing photo of your flash cart and print screen the content of the SD Micro, as well as what steps you did.

5. Boehmerjoe

Boehmerjoe Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Steps I went through:

1. Formatted Micro SD (Kingston 2GB) with the Panasonic FAT32
    2. Downloaded latest Wood (1.64) from the officially supported website
    3. Extracted it with Winrar to the root of the micro SD
    4. Put it first time in the Flash Card and in the DSLite and started it -> works and boots the Wood R4 Menue
    5. Put the MicroSD back into the PC and loaded few games to the root (tried it in a extra folder too)
    6. Back in the DSLite and the games are listed, but almost all of them as corrupted files. Except Pokemon White2 but this won't start like i mentioned

6. Prectorian

I should inform you that WOOD R4 isn't the primary firmware. It's secondary firmware. You need to first install the cart's primary firmware (it's the file below the WOOD R4 you see in their site, make sure to download the correct one), run it first via your DS console. Only after that you can add WOOD R4. Also if you believe the rom copies you have are already corrupted, then download fresh copy.

7. Boehmerjoe

Boehmerjoe Member

The download area of the site is a bit confusing. I don't think that the firmware links of the R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition are viable for me because i just have the R4i Gold RTS.
    Under that there is the "Newest Wood R4 Kernel", that I used. Under that there are the Upgrades (for 3DS) and under them there are the links of "Multimeda function V1.51C kernel Downloads".
    I think that'd be the primary firmware, isn't it?
    Sadly the server connections of the links are timed out for a while..

8. Prectorian

Don' t use the ones for R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe. You use the one below the WOOD R4 link. Read the text there carefully and use the one you need. Read the 'read me' file that came with the download.

9. Boehmerjoe

Boehmerjoe Member

I did what you told me to do and installed Kernel (primary) and Wood R4 (secondary) from the site.
    Again all roms are shown as corrupted except Pokemon SoulSilver this time.
    When I try to start it, it goes from Loading to a short white and finally black screen.

10. Pumpkindoo

Pumpkindoo New Member

I was having the same problem. Only thing i've found that works so far is to reformat your microsd, load back up the latest wood 1.64 and then only load 1 game up. I'm still toying around with stuff to see if i can get multiple games to work but that should at least get ya started. Hope this helps.

11. Prectorian

I doubt it's the rom at fault, it's probably because you had installed a wrong firmware, one that most likely not meant for your cart. If you're still around, I'm hoping you could take a picture of your cartridge and post it here.

You should be able to have multiple rom kept in the SD Micro. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

12. SwaunyJones

SwaunyJones New Member

Steps I went through:

1. Formatted Micro SD (Kingston 2GB) with the Panasonic FAT32
    2. Downloaded latest Wood (1.64) from the officially supported website
    3. Extracted it with Winrar to the root of the micro SD
    4. Put it first time in the Flash Card and in the DSLite and started it -> works and boots the Wood R4 Menue
    5. Put the MicroSD back into the PC and loaded few games to the root (tried it in a extra folder too)
    6. Back in the DSLite and the games are listed, but almost all of them as corrupted files. Except Pokemon White2 but this won't start like i mentioned
    [/quote]

I am new here and ran into a similar problem when hooking up my DSi XL with the same card. What I ended up doing is formatting and re-installing everything but also making an actual "Games" folder to put along side the "_rpg" folder and placing all my roms in there. I'm not sure if it will work for you or not but that's what worked for me. Goodluck man.